Tom Brady Explains Why He Exited Press Conference After Being Asked About Donald Trump's 'Locker Room Talk'

Elisa Osegueda
Entertainment Tonight

Tom Brady sure knows how to make an exit.

The 39-year-old New England Patriots quarterback scurried out of a press conference last week after a reporter asked him about the leaked 2005 recording of Donald Trump making disparaging comments about women.

WATCH: Tom Hanks Reacts to Donald Trump's 'Locker Room' Comments: 'I'm Offended as a Man'

"How would you respond if your kids heard Donald Trump's version of locker room talk?" a reporter is heard asking Brady, prompting the pro athlete to immediately end the press conference.

On Tuesday, Brady finally addressed why he decided to avoid the question and walk off stage.

"I've been in an organization where we're taught to say very little," Brady explained during an interview with Boston's sports radio station WEEI. "We have respect for our opponents and we don't do the trash-talking. The thing I've always thought is, 'I don't want to be a distraction for the team.' That's what my goal is. Not that there are things I've said and done that haven't been, but you try not to be."

"It's just hard enough to win and prepare without the distractions," he continued. "So when you start having the distractions, it's even harder to prepare. You just try to do the best you can do."

EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump Makes Lewd Joke to Young Girls in 1992

However, Brady is no stranger to the Republican presidential nominee. The two met in 2002 and have remained friendly.

"I met him probably 15, 16 years ago," Brady explained. "We've played golf together many, many times and I've always had a good time with him. He's been a friend of mine. He's supported our team and been on the Patriots sideline a lot. He always called me after games to encourage me, over the course of 15 years."

Watch: Melania Trump Blames Billy Bush for Egging Donald Trump On in Lewd 2005 Tape

In the week and a half since the 2005 tape was leaked, a number of women have come forward accusing Trump of inappropriate sexual conduct, all of which he and his campaign have vigorously denied.

On Monday, Melania Trump sat down with CNN's Anderson Cooper to talk about the recorded 2005 conversation between her husband and then-Access Hollywood host Billy Bush.

The 46-year-old former model adamantly defended Trump and suggested that her husband may have been egged on by Bush to continue making lewd remarks, which she refers to as "boy talk."

"I wonder if they even knew that the mic was on," she said. "He was led on -- like, egged on -- from the host to say dirty and bad stuff."

For more on Melania's CNN interview, watch the video below.

Related Articles