Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are up at the midday mark, with the energy sector (XLE) surging higher, while the materials sector (XLB) is the most in the red. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Rick Newman, Nicole Sinclair and Ethan Wolff-Mann.
Today, Midday Movers talks about:
- Trump’s campaign promises derailed
- Will Trump refocus efforts on American jobs?
- Trump says he shouldn’t have picked Sessions as AG: NYT
- Tech earnings off to disappointing start
- Looking ahead to Microsoft, eBay and Visa earnings
- Industrial names, GE and Honeywell, in focus
- Are central bankers too hawkish?
- Is crude oil rebalancing?
- Congress wages war against Airline industry over shrinking seats
- McDonald’s relies on sweets to boost business
- Robocop gets funeral after ‘drowning’