Sylvester Stallone Opens Up About Son's Death: 'A Horrible Situation'
Sylvester Stallone with his girlfriend and his son Sage at the premiere of 'Daylight in Los Angeles in December 1996 -- Getty Premium
Sylvester Stallone is opening up for the first time about the death of his 36-year-old son, Sage, who was found dead in his Los Angeles home in July.
"It's tough. It's very tough ... it's a horrible situation," Sylvester, 66, told ABC News while promoting his upcoming action movie "The Expendables 2."
The actor explained that he welcomes getting back to work after the loss.
"Time, hopefully, will heal, and you try to get through it, but it's just something... It's a reality of life," he said. "I think it's important to get back and start reliving your life. Otherwise, you can go into a spiral."
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, an employee and a relative found Sage unresponsive in his Los Angeles home on July 13. When police arrived, they confirmed he was dead, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said at the time.
While the cause of death has yet to be determined, pending autopsy results, investigators have stated there were no signs of foul play or trauma.
Sage - an actor - starred with his father in the 1990 film "Rocky V."
Earlier this month, Stallone's "Expendables 2" co-stars spoke to Access Hollywood about the actor's loss and missing the screen legend during their press tour. Read what they had to say, HERE.
"The Expendables 2," which also stars Jason Statham, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, Jet Li , Bruce Willis, Randy Couture, Terry Crews, Dolph Lundgren, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Liam Hemsworth hits theaters on August 17.
-- Jesse Spero
Copyright 2012 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.