Paul McCartney Confirms Producers, Shares Track List for 'New'
Paul McCartney Adds 'Out There' U.S. Tour Dates
Paul McCartney worked with a number of renowned producers for New -- so many, he couldn't pick just one.
"The original idea was to go to a couple of producers whose work I loved, to see who I got on with best -- but it turned out I got on with all of them!" he said in a statement. "We made something really different with each producer, so I couldn’t choose and ended up working with all four. We just had a good time in different ways.“
CONCERT REVIEW: Paul McCartney Brings Joyous Pop Music to Barclays Center
So his 12-track set will include the productions of Paul Epworth (Adele); Mark Ronson (Amy Winehouse), who helmed the Beatles-esque title track and single; Giles Martin, son of producer and "fifth Beatle" George Martin; and Ethan Johns (Kings of Leon, Ryan Adams). Martin executive-produced the album, which was mixed by Mark "Spike" Stent.
While the New single offers a recognizable sound from the pop legend, McCartney says the album will surprise listeners.
"It's funny, when I play people the album, they’re surprised it’s me. A lot of the tracks are quite varied and not necessarily in a style you'd recognize as mine," he said. "I didn't want it to all sound the same."
New is due Oct. 15. See the track list below:
1. Save Us (produced by Paul Epworth)
2. Alligator (produced by Mark Ronson)
3. On My Way to Work (produced by Giles Martin)
4. Queenie Eye (produced by Paul Epworth)
5. Early Days (produced by Ethan Johns)
6. New (produced by Mark Ronson)
7. Appreciate (produced by Giles Martin)
8. Everybody Out There (produced by Giles Martin)
9. Hosanna (produced by Ethan Johns)
10. I Can Bet (produced by Giles Martin)