Benedict Cumberbatch On Star Wars Casting Rumors: 'No Offer Has Been Made'
Benedict Cumberbatch speaks onstage at 'The Fifth Estate' Press Conference during the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival at TIFF Bell Lightbox on September 6, 2013 in Toronto -- Getty Images
Benedict Cumberbatch has spoken out about the rampant reports that he has been cast in the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII."
The actor spoke to Access Hollywood's Scott "Movie" Mantz at the at the 2013 Toronto Film Festival premiere of "The Fifth Estate."
"This is the simple truth. J.J. [Abrams] and I have worked together before. I would love to work with him again," he said, referring to "Star Trek Into Darkness," where he played Khan.
Adding, "No offer has been made. That is that. And that is that."
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, the British actor's rep shot down the rumors in a statement.
"There is no truth to the rumor Benedict has been cast in 'Star Wars,'" a rep for the 37-year-old actor said last week "I think the rumors are circling because J.J. and Benedict have just recently had a wonderful time working together on 'Star Trek.'"
Benedict is the latest in a slew of "Star Wars" casting rumors that also include reports of Ryan Gosling, Zac Efron, Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonathan Rhys Meyers all being considered for roles.
"Star Wars: Episode VII" is slated for release in 2015.
-- Jesse Spero
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.