While Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of Mulan promises an Asian love interest for the ass-kicking leading lady, there’s one thing you won’t — for now, anyway — expect to see when the film opens in 2018: musical numbers. While there have already been some indications that the live-action Mulan wasn’t expected to prominently feature songs, the film’s director, Niki Caro, confirmed the lack of tunes in a new interview with Moviefone. “Yes, from what I understand, no songs right now,” she explained, “much to the horror of my children.” This deviates from Disney’s current live-action blockbuster, Beauty and the Beast, which does indeed feature some groovy tunes from the original animated film. Upset? Try not to be! Caro’s description of how she’s going to approach the remake will certainly get you pumped: “It’s a big, girly martial arts epic. It will be extremely muscular and thrilling and entertaining and moving.” Still, take a moment of silence over the fact that we won’t be seeing this sequence in all of its live-action glory.
- Dave Chappelle’s Netflix Specials Will Remind You Why He’s One of the All-Time Best Stand-ups
- Jenny Slate Talks About Her Breakup With Chris Evans
- Determine Which Love Actually Character Has Aged Best by Watching Its Sequel Trailer
- Meet Lewis Tan, the Asian-American Actor Who Could Have Been Iron Fist
- The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Recap: Statue of Limitations