Following a weeklong hearing, James Holmes' arraignment has been delayed to March 12 in order to allow his defense more time to look over all the evidence in the case.
Holmes, accused of opening fire on a theater full of Dark Knight Rises moviegoers on July 20, will not have to enter a plea until that date.
Judge William Sylvester granted the defense motion on Friday to delay the arraignment. His decision came just one day after ruling that Holmes should stand trial on the charges of killing 12 people and injuring nearly 60 others in Aurora, Colo.
It has been widely speculated that Holmes would enter an insanity plea, but defense lawyer Tamara Brady said Friday that "an insanity defense is speculative at this point," according to USA Today.
Prosecutors have said that the evidence includes more than 30,000 pages of discovery, 358 computer discs, 220 DVDs and 136 CDs. As The Hollywood Reporter previously reported, evidence presented during the hearing included photos that Holmes allegedly took of the Cinemark theater before the shooting spree and police testimonies.
At one point during Friday's proceedings, Steve Hernandez (father of Rebecca Wingo, one of the 12 victims killed during Holmes' alleged shooting spree) shouted, "Rot in hell, Holmes!" He was quickly surrounded by sheriff's deputies and told the judge, "I meant no disrespect. I promise no further outbursts."
The preliminary hearing, which began on Jan. 7, was previously delayed twice after Holmes reportedly rammed his head into a wall and attempted multiple "half-hearted" suicide attempts.