Many in Hollywood took to Twitter over Thanksgiving weekend to mourn the death of Florence Henderson, the actress behind iconic TV mom Carol Brady, who died late Thursday.
The Brady Bunch star died of heart failure, her manager Kayla Pressman said in a statement. She was 82. Henderson's TV children were among those paying tribute to their TV mom on social media.
Maureen McCormick, who played Marcia, tweeted, "You are in my heart forever Florence" along with a picture of the two women together. Henderson was spotted at a taping of Dancing With the Stars just days before she died, supporting McCormick, who competed this season.
Henderson herself competed on a previous season of DWTS and the reality series' host Tom Bergeron and judges Len Goodman and Carrie Ann Inaba also remembered her.
Barry Williams, who played eldest son Greg, called her "one of the most gracious people I have ever known" and a "life long friend." The actor who played Peter Brady, Christopher Knight, also took to Twitter to remember Henderson.
Prior to her run as Carol Brady, Henderson was a "Today Girl," delivering the weather on the NBC morning show. Today co-host Matt Lauer, who was off Friday, called in to the NBC morning show to remember Henderson, who was a frequent guest.
Others mourning Henderson on social media include Ben Stiller, Carl Reiner, Larry King, Arsenio Hall, George Takei, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jane Lynch and Al Yankovic, who worked with Henderson on the video for his '90s parody song "Amish Paradise."
Florence Henderson was a dear friend for so very many years & in my <3 forever. Love & hugs to her family. I'll miss u dearly #RIPFlorence
- Maureen McCormick (@MoMcCormick7) November 25, 2016
You are in my heart forever Florence pic.twitter.com/PABCuPubA2
- Maureen McCormick (@MoMcCormick7) November 25, 2016
I am missing my friend, Florence Henderson. pic.twitter.com/Kg0vLJ1W6J
- Penn Jillette (@pennjillette) November 25, 2016
Deeply saddened. Florence was one of the most gracious people I have ever known, Proud to call her Mom and life long friend. #RIPFlorence
- Barry Williams (@MrBarryWilliams) November 25, 2016
I grieve for the passing of my dear friend, Florence. Privileged to have known her and the kindness of her heart. She will be missed. RIP pic.twitter.com/Wu1ujaycHW
- Christopher Knight (@ChrisKnightHome) November 25, 2016
Heartbroken. I'll miss you, my friend. #RIP @ItsFloHenderson pic.twitter.com/HQ7x7hPAxJ
- Tom Bergeron (@Tom_Bergeron) November 25, 2016
RIP the dear #Florence Henderson. You were a light.
- jason alexander (@IJasonAlexander) November 25, 2016
Thankful that I knew Florence Henderson. #Thanksgiving #rip #greatlady #brightlight pic.twitter.com/4nj1xStIU3
- Arsenio Hall (@ArsenioHall) November 25, 2016
RIP Florence Henderson. "The Brady Bunch" was everything.
- Debra Messing (@DebraMessing) November 25, 2016
So terribly sad to hear of the passing of the great Florence Henderson. It was a true honor to have known and worked with her. pic.twitter.com/bhgLigHEI4
- Al Yankovic (@alyankovic) November 25, 2016
Rest In Peace Florence Henderson, a dear lady with a great sense of humor & a terrific laugh. 'America's mom' has died.
- Larry King (@kingsthings) November 25, 2016
I'm deeply saddened by the loss of Florence Henderson. So many of us grew up watching the Brady Bunch!
RIP Carol Brady you will be missed- La Toya Jackson (@latoyajackson) November 25, 2016
Florence Henderson--what a great career and what a lovely woman. Rest In Peace pic.twitter.com/TVuZZjoznu
- Leonard Maltin (@leonardmaltin) November 25, 2016
RIP Florence Henderson, mother to us all in perpetual syndication.
- James Gunn (@JamesGunn) November 25, 2016
So sad to hear of the passing of the lovely Florence Henderson. Look up, there's one more star in heaven
- Len Goodman (@GrumpyLGoodman) November 25, 2016
A gorgeous actress who sang like an angel and danced like a Rockette. You will be missed very much, our dear friend Florence Henderson. RIP
- RUTH BUZZI (@Ruth_A_Buzzi) November 25, 2016
Florence Henderson, thanks for your light and love. You were America's mom, and we shall miss you dearly.
- George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) November 25, 2016
Sad to read about the passing of Florence Henderson, one of the lovliest, most loveable and beloved people in our business
- carl reiner (@carlreiner) November 25, 2016
RIP Florence Henderson!
Loved Growing up watching you on Brady Bunch but meeting & getting to know you was a true highlight for me!!!- Rodney Peete (@RodneyPeete9) November 25, 2016
Florence Henderson-Warm Talented & kind passed away today.Thank you Florence for being such a kind generous friend to Alexis.
- Patricia Arquette (@PattyArquette) November 25, 2016
Florence Henderson was a doll and a dame and funny as hell. RIP
- Michael McKean (@MJMcKean) November 25, 2016
RIP #FlorenceHenderson - Mrs. Brady was a mother to us all. You will be missed.
- Josh Gad (@joshgad) November 25, 2016
Florence Henderson will always be a part of our American consciousness. Funny, cool, maternal, sexy(yes), perfect mom we all wanted. #RIP
- Ben Stiller (@RedHourBen) November 25, 2016
I will miss you Florence Henderson pic.twitter.com/at8c1GOTUr
- Marlee Matlin (@MarleeMatlin) November 25, 2016
I was so touched by her sincerity & kindness. #FlorenceHenderson was such a class act. My heart goes out to her family during this sad time
- Lacey Chabert (@IamLaceyChabert) November 25, 2016
Broken hearted. She was like a mom to is all. I'm grateful I had the chance to get to know you these past few years. RIP #FlorenceHenderson
- Carrie Ann Inaba (@carrieanninaba) November 25, 2016
Florence Henderson was a great woman..warm funny & saucy! I'm crushed to hear she died. Sending love & sympathy to the people she touched. pic.twitter.com/ShCoAdmyVx
- Katie Couric (@katiecouric) November 25, 2016
I played Carol in The Real Live Brady Bunch stage show. I got to know Florence Henderson herself over the years. What a classy lady. pic.twitter.com/7OZgjBFT34
- Jane Lynch (@janemarielynch) November 25, 2016
#RIPFlorenceHenderson you were so much fun. Truly #oneofakind pic.twitter.com/36B4AQyWuT
- Sarah Michelle (@SarahMGellar) November 25, 2016