A Dark Song made Vulture’s list of most anticipated horror films back at the start of the year, and it finally has its first trailer. The Irish production debuted at Fantastic Fest last year, and every early review has laid praise on the film. The plot centers on a woman named Sophia who has lost her son, and in her grief embarks on a months-long ritual to bring him back to life. To complete this process, however, she must follow the demands of a recluse occultist named Joseph who at least claims to know what he’s doing. So, on top of the supernatural terrors, it looks like Dark Song layers on entrapment horror and maybe some Stockholm Syndrome, too. As Joseph’s demands start to look more and more like torture, she becomes increasingly dependent on him to not only bring back her son, but also to survive the grueling ritual.
- What’s New on Netflix: April 2017
- Amber Heard Sues Over Body Double’s Explicit Sex Scenes
- Justin Trudeau Has a Rather Undiplomatic Response to That Matthew Perry Beating
- See How Celebrities Got Into the April Fools’ Day Spirit
- Tina Fey Takes Issue With White Women Who Voted for Trump: ‘It’s Going to Affect You Eventually’