Do you love Butterfingers and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? What about puppy chow? Well, if you answered yes to both, then you are going to be obsessed with this easy and delicious Halloween recipe that is filled to the brim with your favorite candies. This puppy chow makes it hard to stop snacking.
From Patrick Phelps, POPSUGAR Food
Halloween Puppy Chow
10 full-sized Butterfingers
1/4 cup peanut butter
10 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
8 cups Chex cereal
2/3 cup powdered sugar, divided
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 cup candy corn
1/4 cup Reese's Pieces
- Shave chocolate off of Butterfingers into a large, microwave-safe bowl. Place "naked" Butterfingers into a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
- Along with the Butterfinger chocolate, melt together peanut butter and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups either in a double boiler or in the microwave in 30-second intervals. Stir until combined and smooth (or after each interval in the microwave).
- Toss in Chex cereal until evenly coated in melted chocolate.
- Roll open 3 large plastic zipper bags. In one bag, add 1/3 cup powdered sugar. In the second bag, add 1/3 cup powdered sugar and cocoa powder. In the third bag, add the Butterfinger crumbs. Divide the Chex into the 3 bags, seal bags, and shake each bag until completely coated.
- Toss Chex mix with candy corn and Reese's Pieces and serve.
Serves 8 to 10