Hollywood lost a true legend today with the passing of legendary stuntman and director Hal Needham, who through the 1970s and 80s created the good-time genre that would come to be known as "redneck cinema" with films like "Smokey and the Bandit" and "Cannonball Run."
The day of the gum-chewing Burt Reynolds blockbusters may have passed, but its moment will forever bring a smile to the faces of all who lived through it. Here's our list of the coolest moments from the films of a cinematic original.
19. Jerry Reed's hound dog Flash
18. Sally Field changing out of her wedding dress while driving in the Bandit
17. Sally Field in "Smokey and the Bandit"
16. Bandit in "Smokey and the Bandit"
15. "Eastbound and Down" - the coolest theme song ever recorded
14. The great Jackie Gleason as Buford T. Justice
13. The jet-powered flying motorcycle sequence of "Megaforce"
12. Adrienne Barbeau's jumpsuit in "Cannonball Run"
11. "Cannonball Run II" was Frank Sinatra's last film
10. "Cannonball Run" was Jackie Chan's first American film
9. Burt Reynolds jumping out of a helicopter in a tuxedo in "Hooper"
8. "Cannonball Run" is the Rat Pack's real film
7. The invention of the outtakes credit sequence
6. Dom DeLuise as Captain Chaos
5. Hal Needham's belt buckle
4. Loni Anderson and Burt Reynolds power couple
3. "The Fastest Chicken in the South"
2. This photo
1. The most important mustache in the history of film