The 19 Coolest Things in the Films of Hal Needham
Hollywood lost a true legend today with the passing of legendary stuntman and director Hal Needham, who through the 1970s and 80s created the good-time genre that would come to be known as "redneck cinema" with films like "Smokey and the Bandit" and "Cannonball Run."
The day of the gum-chewing Burt Reynolds blockbusters may have passed, but its moment will forever bring a smile to the faces of all who lived through it. Here's our list of the coolest moments from the films of a cinematic original.
19. Jerry Reed's hound dog Flash
Flash from "Smokey and the Bandit"
18. Sally Field changing out of her wedding dress while driving in the Bandit
Sally Field and Burt Reynolds
17. Sally Field in "Smokey and the Bandit"
Sally Field in the role of 'Frog'
16. Bandit in "Smokey and the Bandit"
One of four 1976 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Ams made for the film
15. "Eastbound and Down" - the coolest theme song ever recorded