Skywalker, Solo, Vader — the original characters and the folks who played them in the "Star Wars" series just can't be beat, but with J.J. Abrams's upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII" reportedly starting production in the beginning of 2014, it's time to start thinking about the new faces for the franchise and hoping for the best.
A leaked casting call for the new "Star Wars" film reveals that there are 7 main roles up for grabs at the moment. No doubt agents and managers are busily sending off headshots, but it's not too late to have our voices heard, right? So who do you want to see in a galaxy far, far away?
We tweeted out the casting breakdown for each character and you graciously provided some forceful suggestions. So without further ado, here are the nominees:
1. "A young man aged between 20 and 25, witty and smart, fit but not classically handsome"
@YahooMovies I don't know what character this is for, but Andrew Garfield comes to mind.
— Mariah A (@fearless_autumn) June 19, 2013
2. "Man in late twenties, also fit, but this one is handsome and confident"
@YahooMovies Garrett Hedlund. Either for that one or for the Young Han Solo prequel.
— Laura (@maxiekat) June 19, 2013
— Mast Molly (@MastMolly) June 19, 2013
3. "Late teenage girl, independent, good sense of humor, also physically fit"
@YahooMovies Jennifer Lawrence, she's not a teen but could pass as one.
— Dan (@TheEndBegins) June 19, 2013
— Jacob Dicus (@jdicus) June 19, 2013
4. "Second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and physically fit"
5. "Man in his forties, obviously physically fit, this one is a military type"
6. "A man of around thirty or so, this one is an intellectual type"
— Vico Pranata (@vicopranata) June 19, 2013
7. "A guy aged around seventy, strong opinions and tough"
@YahooMovies Arnold Swarzennegger but not sure of his age - Sean Connery 2nd choice
— Deborah Curran (@treetrout1) June 19, 2013
Our personal favorite fan casts?
He could probably pull it off. Though of course...
— Daniel Balcombe (@DanielBalcombe) June 19, 2013
...we'd watch THAT movie in a heartbeat.