Johnny Knoxville and Jackson Nicoll in Paramount Pictures' "Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa" - 2013
Due to the Academy's serious nature, everyone seemed awfully surprised when "Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa" got nominated for Best Makeup and Hairstyling, but we were far more surprised the film didn't earn a second nomination for one of the year's finest supporting actors, Jackson Nicoll.
In what can only be described as a comedic tour-de-force, Nicoll plays Billy, the young grandson of Irving Zisman (Johnny Knoxville), the 86-year-old reason the movie is (in)appropriately called "Bad Grandpa." You can see Nicoll and Knoxville in action, now that "Bad Grandpa" is newly available on Blu-ray.
While you'll certainly get an understanding of Nicoll's amazing talent from the film, you might not get to know the man behind the man, or rather, the boy behind the boy. For that, what could be better than our famous get-to-know-you interview franchise: the Speed Date?
Well, perhaps a Speed Play Date works better in this case…
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Seabrook, New Hampshire. It's a very small town. Everybody knows me.
2. Did your parents have another name for you if you turned out to be the opposite gender?
Jordan. I'm mad because I love Michael Jordan and it's too late to change it!
3. What's your favorite doll/action figure? Why?
I like the Patrick Star figure from SpongeBob because I am smarter than him.
4. Do you have a nickname?
Jax and Tek. My middle name is Tek and last name Nicoll. Get it? Sound it out.... Tek Nicoll
5. When (and how) did you realize you wanted to become an actor?
When I was little I thought it was for girls. I decided I liked it when I was shooting "The Fighter" and they actually let me punch Mark Wahlberg in the cookies.
6. What was the first movie you ever saw? Why do you remember it?
"Jaws." I saw the cover of the DVD and begged to watch it. I have watched it like one hundred times but I still scream when he kills people.
7. Do you have pets? What kind and name?
I have a black lab named Disney. She is wicked lazy. She won't even catch a ball, but she will eat them.
I also breed fish, but a lot of them died when we lost power in a storm.
8. What rock star in history would you most like to hang with? What would you do?
Michael Jackson is the only one I know. Maybe he would give me singing lessons or take me out for lobster.
9. What's your biggest pet peeve?
My sister Jayden. She is the red devil.
10. What did you do last Friday night?
I was fishing on a pier in Florida eating a whole pack of Slim Jims.
11. What's your favorite holiday? Why?
I love Christmas because of the presents and food. I got a GoPro Camera this year just like they use in the Jackass movies!
12. What's your sign?
We just looked it up. I am a Sagittarius.
13. Are you a typical example of that sign?
My dad said I am exactly like it. I love to travel and be famous. I also can do just about anything.
14. What do you never leave home without?
15. Do you watch sports?
I watch football. I am a diehard Redskins fan even though they stunk this year.
16. What can you cook?
I cook grilled cheese. I can cook fish but I'm not allowed because it smells.
17. What would the last five entries in your internet search history be?
Eagle drops deer on a power line
top 5 fishing fails
fishing with Roland Martin
how to catch your own river monster
18. Do you search for yourself?
I looked myself up at school. I like all the pictures of me being famous with Johnny Knoxville when he's picking me up or dropping me.
19. Have you ever seen a ghost?
NO!! Thank God because I would pee my pants.
20. Have you ever voted in a reality TV competition?
I wanted to but I was too lazy to call the number.
21. What's the best thing about being an actor?
I love the food. I love the friends, especially Johnny Knoxville and Jeff [Tremaine] the director. They are my best friends. I love the cash and the frequent flyer miles.
22. What's the worst thing about being an actor?
Sometimes I have to learn a million lines and they only give me like five minutes!
23. What are your acting superstitions?
I don't really have any. As long as there is a place to fish during my break then the movie will turn out good.
24. Who is your dream co-star?
Jeremy Wade. He's the guy from River Monsters. I know I'm gonna be on that show when he reads this.
See Jackson Nicoll and Johnny Knoxville talk "Bad Grandpa" with Yahoo Movies:
Follow me on Twitter (@AdPoc)