A newcomer to the screen and to the U.S., Mackenzie Davis breaks out in a big way this week as one of the female stars in the new relationship comedy, "The Awkward Moment."
To help us get to know her, Mackenzie agreed to go on a Yahoo Speed Date, our feature in which we get acquainted with a new star by peppering them rapid fire with questions about their lives, tastes, careers and those little things they'd probably rather sweep under the carpet.
Here's the 31 things you really should know about Mackenzie Davis:
1. Where did you grow up?
2. Did your parents have another name for you if you turned out to be a boy?
3. What was your favorite doll/action figure?
I loved Polly Pocket. Just loved having a world in my pocket.
4. Did you have a nickname as a child?
A had a million. Ken, Kenny, Kenner, Kenzie, Max.
5. What table did you sit at in the cafeteria?
I sat at the popular table but I always felt really geeky.
6. When did you realize you wanted to become an actor?
My earliest memory. I’ve never had any other aspiration.
7. What was the first movie you ever saw?
The movie I remember most from childhood is "The Princess Bride."
8. Did you memorize parts of movies when you were a kid?
I was more inclined to act out soap operas I'd make up on the spot in front of my mirror. Narrating while I was going along, falling in love and breaking people’s hearts along the way.
9. Do you have pets? What kind and name?
I have taxidermy pets that are very close to me. I have a little lizard with a head that comes on and off that I call Nicolas Cage because his face is long. And I have a big diamondback rattlesnake called Rufus, and I have some rats in jars and stuff. I’ve always just loved petrified things. I’m sure there’s room for some psychoanalysis in there, but I just think they’re really beautiful.
[Related: See All Our Past Yahoo Speed Dates]
10. What rock star in history would you most like to party with?
It’s depressing but Billie Holliday. It might not be fun, but I might learn something about myself.
11. What did you do last Friday night?
Shooting outside, in negative 7 degree celsius pretending it was the summer.
12 What's the worst job you ever had?
I really like being a waitress but I worked in this one restaurant in New York where the owner was this coke-addled misogynst misanthrope who was really abusive and awful and I left in this really dramatic night where I cried and then I slapped him on the back and said, “I quit!” and ran out.
13. What's your favorite holiday?
I love Thanksgiving. In Canada, we don’t really have a lot of history with Thanksgiving, and it’s a holiday devoted to food, and that warms the cockles of my being.
14. Are you veggie/vegan/gluten-free/soy-free/raw/organic/pescatarian/juicing/paleo/whatever?
No. I probably should be, but no.
15. Whats your sign?
16. Are you a typical example of that sign?
I think so. I’m probably less volatile and tempestuous than a lot of Aires but I think I’m probably quite loud and outgoing, and passionate. Maybe a bit difficult or stubborn.
17. What do you never leave home without?
Something to read.
[Related: Playing 'Have You Ever' With Zac Efron, Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan]
18. Do you go out to eat alone?
All the time.
19. Do you watch sports?
No. Across the board, no.
20. What was the worst date you've been on?
I don’t really date, I’m either in a relationship or not. I’m not a cool young twentysomething, going out on dates and having great experiences.
21. What's the longest relationship you've been in?
I tend to break up a lot during relationships, so i guess it’s two years with a lot of break-ups in between.
22. Who should pay on the first date?
Whoever asks the other person out.
23. When was the last time you looked up an ex on Facebook?
I don’t have Facebook, for that very reason. So, two years ago.
24. Have you ever seen a ghost?
No, but I believe in it as though I have.
25. Have you ever voted in a reality TV competition?
26. What are your dealbreakers?
Somebody who doesn’t read. Someone who isn’t funny. Somebody who’s a cheater. Bad people stuff.
27. What's the best thing about being an actor?
Getting to travel and live in interesting places that you never expected to live in.
28. What's the worst thing about being an actor?
Having to move and live in different places all the time.
28. Who is your dream co-star?
29. How do you prepare for a make out scene?
I should probably do more, but I just jump right in.
30. Who's career would you kill for?
Laura Dern. I love Robin Wright’s career. Jessica Lange’s.
31: Would you like to get together and do this again?
Okay. Why not?
Watch the trailer for "That Awkward Moment":