Feel free to thank us later, but we're setting you up on a speed date with "Twilight" hottie Xavier Samuels.
Though fans of Riley in "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" are probably already well aware, others may just be getting to know Samuels, and what's a more efficient way to get to know someone than a speed date?
Samuels has been making waves in one word indie titles this year, with "Plush," "Drift," and "Adore," the film he was promoting when he got on the phone with us recently from London, where he's shooting David Ayer's latest, another one-worder, "Fury," with Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf.
Now available On Demand, "Adore," is a retelling of Doris Lessing's daring novella "The Grandmothers," which also stars Robin Wright and Naomi Watts. "Essentially it's a love story, it just so happens that two best friends – two mothers – fall in love with each other's sons. So it's an unconventional love story, to say the least," says Samuels.
Hear what else Samuels had to say when we threw 24 questions at him in our strictly timed 5-minute speed date.
1. Where did you grow up?
2. When did you realize you want to become an actor?
Shortly after I finished high school, I guess.
3. What was the first movie you ever saw?
"¡Three Amigos!" It's the best movie ever made.
4. What was the last movie you saw?
A Russian war film called "Come and See."
5. Do you have pets?
I used to have a dog, but not anymore. His name was Modra. Named after an Australian football player that I used to look up to.
6. What's the longest relationship you've been in?
Oh, I don't know. A few years I guess. Who's counting really?
7. Do you want kids?
Yeah, one day.
8. Have you ever had a roommate from hell?
I wouldn't say from hell, but certainly a few people you don't have much in common with.
9. What's your biggest pet peeve?
10. What did you do last Friday night?
I think I stayed in and played the guitar. I can't really remember, honestly.
11. What do you never leave home without?
Nothing. Whatever I'm carrying when I walk out the door.
12 Who's your best friend?
13. What food cant you stand?
14. Do you go to movies alone?
15. When was the last time you looked up an ex on Facebook?
I've never done that.
16. What are your acting superstitions?
No whistling in the theater.
17. Who is your dream co-star?
I've got a lot of friends who are actors, so any number of my good friends.
18. Have you ever seen a ghost?
19. Have you ever voted in a reality TV competition?
No, I have not.
20. What's your sign?
21. Are you a typical example of that sign?
I don't know, I haven't really looked into it.
22. Did you have a nickname as a child?
No, I think I dodged that bullet.
23. What do you wear around the house?
I don't know, t-shirt and jeans. That's a bit of an odd question.
24. Would you like to go out again?
Sure. Why not?
See Xavier Samuel in the "Adore" theatrical trailer: