What if we told you that not only could you win a trip to the LA premiere of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," but you can also get on the red carpet with the film's stars — all because you took a really sweet selfie?
This isn't some Capitol mind game: we've teamed up with Lionsgate to bring one lucky fan to LA to take pictures for us on the red carpet. That's right, you'll be on the scene with Katniss Jennifer Lawrence herself. And all you have to do to enter is take an Instagram selfie, tag it with #CatchingFireSelfie, and let your fan flag fly free.
For more details, check out the official rules below, and follow us on Instagram. As always: May the odds be ever in your favor!
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Red Carpet Correspondent Contest
1. Eligibility: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Red Carpet Correspondent Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Yahoo! Inc., Lions Gate Entertainment Inc., ePrize, Inc., and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Yahoo! Inc., 701 1st Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Administrator: ePrize, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on October 31, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on November 7, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, login to or create your Twitter and Instagram accounts. Then, follow @YahooMovies on Twitter and @Yahoo_Movies on Instagram. Upload a creative "Catching Fire"-themed selfie (herein, a "Photo") to your Instagram account with the hashtag "#CatchingFireSelfie", and post it to your feed. In order for your entry to be valid, your profile must be public and thus viewable by the Sponsor and its agents. Posting a photo on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. If you post updates to or receive updates from www.twitter.com via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless-service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans. Terms of Service of Instagram and Twitter apply. By uploading your Photo, you agree that your Photo conforms to the Photo Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Photo and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Photo fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Photo must be in a format and size acceptable on Instagram; and
- The Photo cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind.
- The Photo must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Sponsor grants to the entrant a limited license to use the Sponsor’s brand names and/or trademarks for the sole purpose of creating and uploading a Photo into this Contest; the Photo must not otherwise contain brand names or trademarks, with the exception of The Hunger Games' copyrighted materials, including logos and trademarks;
- The Photo must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- The Photo must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Photo must not contain any persons other than entrant;
- The Photo must not contain material that is inappropriate, dangerous, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Photo must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Photo is created.
Entrants retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in their Photos. By uploading a Photo, entrant grants to Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display the Photo in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If necessary, entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Photo. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Photos, which are disqualified. Limit: Each entrant may submit up to five (5) entries into the Contest during the Contest Period.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant associated with any Photo, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder associated with his/her Photo.
6. Winner Determination: After the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the top Photo (the potential Grand Prize winner) from among all eligible Photos based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Creativity/Originality (33%);
- Quality of Photo (33%); and
- Fit to Contest Theme (34%)
In the event of a tie, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will determine the potential Contest Grand Prize winner based on the Photo that received the highest score in the Creativity/Originality category. If the tie is still not broken, the tied entries will be re-judged, using the same criteria, by an alternate panel of judges selected by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to not select a potential Grand Prize winner, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Photos.
7. Winner Requirements: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified on his/her Instagram via a comment from the Sponsor, on or around November 8, 2013 and must follow the prize claim instructions provided as part of the initial Instagram notification and any subsequent claim instructions, or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. The potential winner will be required to consent to a routine confidential background check and (except where prohibited), the potential winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Administrator, within twenty-four (24) hours of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not consent to a routine confidential background check or Sponsor determines that the potential winner is not an appropriate brand representative based on the results of the confidential background check, fails to execute and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period, does not comply with these Official Rules, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Time-permitting, only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Photo and/or prize information in connection with the Contest, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, the Grand Prize winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Photo described in Rule 5, above. The Grand Prize winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Photo and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Photo. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. The winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
8. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, CA to attend The Hunger Games: Catching Fire premiere on November 18, 2013 and to serve as Sponsor's designated Instagram photographer on the Red Carpet. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Los Angeles, CA; two (2) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy) including daily breakfast; ground transportation to and from airport and hotel; ground transportation to and from movie premiere and hotel; two (2) tickets to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire premiere at LA Live on November 18, 2013; the opportunity to serve as Sponsor's designated Instagram photographer on the Red Carpet (all details and requirements of the experience determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and $500 spending money. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, winner does not appropriately represent the Sponsor while serving as Sponsor's designated Instagram photographer on the Red Carpet, Sponsor may immediately revoke this portion of the prize. Winner must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure or a sibling/friend of winner with the appropriate parental permissions and releases and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Should such a substitution occur, the difference in value between air transportation and ground transportation will not be awarded. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if the movie premiere is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. Seating and timing to be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures. By accepting ticket prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. The Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of event. Approximate Retail Value: $4,612. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
9. Release: By receipt of prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Lions Gate Entertainment Inc., Administrator and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the above entities (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Photos received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Photos. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Photos, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Photos or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Photo.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/1hfImRz. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2013 ePrize, Inc. All rights reserved.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Red Carpet Correspondent Contest
ABBREVIATED RULES for TV and Radio
LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.), 18 AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Enter Contest by: 11/7/13. For Official Rules and complete details, visit [Insert URL]. Sponsor: Yahoo! Inc.
ABBREVIATED RULES for Print
LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.), 18 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Enter Contest by: 11/7/13. For Official Rules and prize description, visit [Insert URL]. Sponsor: Yahoo! Inc., 701 1st Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94089.
Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner
Enter Contest by: 11/7/13. To enter and for Official Rules, visit [Insert URL].
Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner
Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.), 18 years or older. Enter Contest by: 11/7/13. To enter and for Official Rules, including prize description, visit [Insert URL]. Void where prohibited.