Jennifer Aniston shone at Oscars in 2009, where she emphasized her sun-kissed beauty with hair and makeup, and won rave reviews for the playful braid that framed her face. Aniston's stylist shares her tips on how she created the star's famous Oscar look.
"It is just beautiful and effortless, maintaining a youthfully sunny feeling," makeup artist Angela Levin told Yahoo!.
1. Levin evened out Aniston's skin tone with moisturizer and Chanel Lift Lumiere foundation in Beige that she blended well. "If you blend the makeup well and keep the makeup light, it lasts longer," says Levin.
2. The real secret to Aniston's look comes with the cheeks. Instead of blush, she used lipstick to create a natural glow to resemble a day spent in the sun. She blended Coco Red lipstick and Chanel Sheer Brilliance in Sunkissed lipstick, and then added a powder bronzer. "I didn't use a lot of product," says Levin.
3. "Use gray and blue eyeshadow on your eyes, and two coats of mascara," says Levin. "Keep it natural but glamorous."
4. Get Aniston's smile (or at least something similar) with a slick of rose-colored gloss. (Levin used Chanel Aqualumiere Lipshine in Panerea on Aniston.) "I gave Jennifer a small touch-up kit with lipstick for the red carpet," says Levin.
5. Top off the look with an elegant braid. First blow dry the hair and add a few soft waves at the bottom. Tie back all hair except the portion that will be braided. Then braid, starting on the opposite side of your natural hair part. Secure the end with an elastic and fasten it against your head with a bobby pin. Finally, pull the hair forward over the braid so it functions like a headband, and tame any wisps with a toothbrush and hairspray.