‘Fifty Shades’ Star Jamie Dornan: 7 Things You Need to Know
Jamie Dornan in his modeling days. (Calvin Klein)
That's because, as reported late Wednesday, the hunky Irish actor is thisclose to finalizing a deal to play Christian Grey in "Fifty Shades of Grey," stepping into a role vacated earlier this month by "Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam.
But enough about Charlie — it's now all about Jamie, who, along with Dakota Johnson's Anastasia Steele, will be acting out those erotic fantasies in the big screen adaption of the bondage-themed romance novels, which have been described as "mommy porn."
So who is Jamie — other than a very handsome face? We strip it down to the basics for you...
1. The Hollywood Star Hails From Holywood. While he's now all the rage in Tinseltown, the 31-year-old was "born, bred, and buttered in Holywood, County Down," in Northern Ireland, as the model-turned-actor notes in his Twitter bio. But he's no longer living in the Emerald Isle; his home base is London and in his downtime there he plays a lot of golf, makes use of the city's famed Hyde Park, and reads. "I'm very boring," he said in an interview with Bespoke Banter in 2009. We doubt that.
2. His First Film Was "Marie Antoinette." The actor, who stands at 6-feet tall and has blue/gray eyes, made his movie debut in the 2006 Sofia Coppola drama. He played Axel von Fersen and co-starred with Kirsten Dunst, Jason Schwartzman, and Rose Byrne.
The actor shared the screen with Kirsten Dunst. (Everett Collection)
3. He modeled for Calvin Klein Underwear. See one of his modeling shots above. And you're welcome.
4. His Exes Include Keira Knightley. For two years, from about 2003 to 2005, the British actress was his better half and they made many red-carpet appearances together — at movie premieres, London Fashion Week, and the Sundance Film Festival. Jamie, who met Knightley at a photo shoot, later told Britain's Mail on Sunday, "The man is meant to be the alpha in the relationship on the money and power front, and clearly I was not."
Jamie dated Keira Knightley for two years. (Getty Images)
5. Sorry Ladies, He's Taken. Jamie is off the market, having said "I do" to British actress/singer Amelia Warner earlier this year. They are said to be expecting their first child together.