Forget Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's hilarious zingers, Diane Keaton's bizarre solo, and Matthew McConaughey's charming "alright, alright, alright" while collecting his award. Some of the best moments during the 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards took place backstage.
Here they are, short and sweet (unlike, say, Jacqueline Bisset's endless acceptance speech)…
1. McConaughey Shares Son's (Gloomy) Prediction: The "Dallas Buyer's Club" star, who won for Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama, said his 5-year-old son, Levi, didn't have high hopes for his old man. "[My wife Camila Alves and I] were explaining to the kids what was going on tonight: '[Papa] is up – he's amongst five other male actors and he's nominated to be one of the best performances.' My son was like 'I really hope you win, [Papa], but you're going to lose." With trophy in hand, he added, "Now I have to get that little son of a gun and go, 'Ha! Ha! Ha!'"
2. "Breaking Bad" Cast's Unusual Celebration Style: Forget going to Disney World! When Bryan Cranston was asked how he and the "Breaking Bad" cast would celebrate their drama series win (he also nabbed the award for lead actor in a drama), he quipped, "I think we're going to wife swap! That's been discussed. You put your card in the basket…" Newlywed Aaron Paul played along, echoing, "Wife-swapping!" Cranston, who's been married to wife Robin since 1989, then got serious, "I don't know. Personally, I am not much of a partier. I really don't know how to do that."
3. Robin Wright's Killer Body Explained: The "House of Cards" star, who won for Best Actress in a Drama Series, cut a fine figure in her sparkly Reem Acra halter dress, which exposed her back. She shared her pre-awards show slimdown for the big night, which was inspired by her new fiancé, Ben Foster. "[He] did a movie recently where he played Lance Armstrong and was on an 800 calorie a day diet. I said in solidarity, 'I'll do it with you, man.'" But she was really hungry, adding, "I really want to go to In-N-Out Burger right now because he's done with the movie!"
[Related: 2014 Golden Globes Red Carpet Report Card]
4. Jacqueline Bisset Made Sense of Her Acceptance Speech … Sorta: The "Dancing on the Edge" star had another chance to make sense of her speech, but it didn't really work. "I was told my category was coming up second from last, so I was absolutely stunned," she explained. "I wondered why the guy was there with a camera on me. I was completely out of it, I was thinking about my dinner. And I still haven't gotten my dinner yet. I can't really remember what I said, actually." We're still trying to make sense of it.
5. Amy Poehler Talked About Her Bono Smooch; Her BF Weighed In, Too: Asked about her favorite things about the evening, the Best Actress in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy winner and co-host said, "Kissing Bono, winning, sitting with my 'Parks and Rec' cast." About that play kiss, Poehler's boyfriend, comedian Nick Kroll, had one of the best tweets of the night with this one:
Hey Bono, watch your back.— nick kroll (@nickkroll) January 13, 2014
6. Andy Samberg Gave a Shout Out to His Mom and Dad: The "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" star was so surprised by his first win, he gave a few extra thank yous backstage. "I forgot to thank the Hollywood Foreign Press and my parents! That's how surprised I was. The two things I had to say," he chided himself. He also called his win, "Beyond my wildest expectations. All I ever wanted to do was be on ['Saturday Night Live'], so everything from that point forward has been icing for me."
7. Cate Blanchett Obsessed Over … Diane Keaton: The "Blue Jasmine" star was a big winner, but she couldn't stop talking about Keaton, who was on hand to accept Woody Allen's lifetime achievement award. "Did you see Diane Keaton onstage tonight? She my style icon, acting icon, the works," said the Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama. Fangirling (or boying) was the norm backstage. Our reporter also witnessed Jared Leto get distracted by Spike Jonze, Jonze gushing about Amy Adams, Adams complimenting Jones, and David O. Russell becoming unfocused when Leonardo DiCaprio arrived. It was a big ole lovefest, folks.
8. Elisabeth Moss and J.Law Announced Plans to Par-tay: Winners Jennifer Lawrence and Elisabeth Moss both were both in very celebratory moods. The "Mad Men" actress, who won for Sundance's "Top of the Lake," told reporters her plans for the evening were to "dance and drink a little bit. But maybe I'll drink a lot more now." And Law said something along the same lines: "I need to catch up on my drinking! I think that's why I was so manic," she said, referring to her acceptance speech. J.Law then added, "That's not a good answer. Tonight, I'm going to celebrate with my friends and family," including (though not mentioned) boyfriend Nicholas Hoult.
[Related: Golden Globes 2014 Party Pics]