1. She actually knows how to host a show and she's had plenty of practice.
2. She won’t insult the talent – no awkward nasty moments bullying child actors.
3. She will lighten the mood.
4. She’s a woman who likes women – she’s out and proud and why not celebrate that in this year of legalizing same-sex marriages.
5. She’ll keep her hair and make-up costs low with sponsor tie-ins.
6. She’s not Seth MacFarlane – something that probably makes MacFarlane even happier than Ellen.
7. After last year, she doesn’t have to worry about being called the “worst Oscar host” ever.