6 Things We Learned at the ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ Premiere
Scarlett Johansson made her first public appearance since letting her pregnancy be known. Chris Evans and Samuel L. Jackson were looking dapper in dark blue. And a bunch of the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" players were around to support their Marvel family members.
Here are six things we learned at the Hollywood premiere of "Captain America: The Winter Solider" on Thursday:
1. Robert Redford reads the New York Times every day, cover to cover — so says his cast mate Bernard White (who plays an Indian Council member in the film). "He's an amazing guy. He sits on set. He doesn't go back to his trailer," said White of Redford on Thursday's red carpet. (Redford did not attend, by the way.)
Scarlett Johansson is seen at the 'Captain America' premiere on Thursday in Hollywood (Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
2. This isn't Scarlett Johansson's first or even second rodeo with Chris Evans. "Chris and I have known each other for 10 years; this is our fourth movie together," Johansson pointed out at the Marvel star-studded event. "We really finally had an opportunity to do some dramatic work. Who would have thought it would be in this film," she said. "The 10 years that we've known each other really benefited us in this production."
Incidentally, another "Cap" actor she worked with before (aside from Samuel L. Jackson in "The Avengers") is Redford. Johansson was barely a teenager when she appeared with him in her breakout movie "The Horse Whisperer" in 1998.
3. "It's the least superhero-ey of the super hero movies. It's like a detective novel," said Maximiliano Hernández who plays agent Jasper Sitwell. "You have to peel off the layers."
4. Chaos and crossover with "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.": Clark Gregg, who, for the record, is not listed as a cast member in this "Cap" installment, keyed us in to some of his ABC show crossover in the movie. "There's enough chaos [on 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.']... I think that's getting explored in this movie tonight," he said. Tell us more, Clark!
5. Slippery Winter Soldier pants: Yup, Sebastian Stan, who plays Bucky Barnes aka Winter Soldier, made an embarrassing admission about making the film, revealing, "My pants fell down a couple times, I slipped off a car, funny things happened, but it went well."