The 11 Most Awkward Family Meals in Movies
Meryl Streep and her dysfunctional brood in 'August: Osage County' (From The Weinstein Company)
You are not alone.
If you happen to be having a cringeable Thanksgiving this year, Yahoo Movies offers some reprieve with our list of the 11 most awkward family meals depicted in cinema.
Remember, if you don't act like the kinfolks we've highlighted, your current situation may not be as bad as you think!
Happy Thanksgiving and bon appétit.
1) "Home for the Holidays" is the ultimate movie about a dysfunctional family Thanksgiving. And yes, we even get to see Robert Downey Jr. launch a turkey!
2) It's not even out yet, but "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" promises some hilarious family dinner awkwardness (see it at the 1:14 mark in the above video). Not surprisingly, Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) is the only one at the table who doesn't seem uncomfortable.
3) Our new "August: Osage County" clip has Meryl Streep laying into Juliette Lewis's new fiancé, with cigarette in mouth at the dinner table.
4) Ben Stiller's cat-milking story in "Meet the Fockers" is definitely weird — and untrue!
5) "What About Bob?" When Bill Murray goes on and on about the corn on the cob: "Mmmmmm. Mmmm. Mmmmmm... Is this hand shucked?"
6) The picnic scene in "Vacation": "Real tomato ketchup, Eddie?"
7) There's nothing like some Gyllenhaal sibling expletives to get a dinner started right, as seen here in "Donnie Darko."