Birchbox CEO Katia Beauchamp: 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me ('I Wanted to Be President When I Was a Kid!')
She’s got a wealth of secrets in her next delivery! Birchbox CEO and cofounder Katia Beauchamp reveals 25 things you don’t know about her for Us Weekly. Catch her in the current season of Lifetime’s Project Runway: Fashion Startup on Thursdays at 10:30 p.m. ET and find out about Birchbox at www.birchbox.com.
1. As a kid, I wanted to be president of the United States when I grew up.
2. When I was 5, my grandmother took me shopping for her inaugural gown.
3. I'm from El Paso, Texas.
4. My dad is Greek, and my mom is Mexican.
5. I have twin 2-year-old boys.
6. I only wash my hair twice a week. I don't know what women did before dry shampoo!
7. I'm not a makeup person, but I'm serious about skincare and have an eight-step nightly routine.
8. My dream car is a 1970s Bronco, tomato red, removable roof.
9. I'm obsessed with building a beauty company for women who aren't obsessed with beauty.
10.I once cold-emailed Steve Jobs and got a response that day.
11.Our secret weapon is hiring new moms — they are so productive, efficient and grounded.
12.My favorite subscriptions are Plated and Winc — and everyone in my office loves Rent the Runway Unlimited.
13.My motto is don't accept "no" from anyone who can't say "yes."
14.I studied international studies and economics at Vassar College and got my MBA from Harvard Business School.
15.I gift my brother a Birchbox Man subscription for Christmas every single year.
16.I watch the Today show every morning with my kids — they're obsessed with Al Roker.
17.I recently went platinum blonde.
18.Everything that's sweet about me comes from my mama.
19.I met my husband when we were 10 years old on the playground.
20.I live for talk radio and now podcasts.
21.I interned at Estée Lauder in college and became obsessed with the business of the beauty industry.
22.Oreos and box cake are my favorite desserts.
23.But I prefer salty treats to desserts, particularly food wrapped in food — tacos, dumplings, arepas, etc.
24.Desert sunsets make me weak in the knees.
25. I live for my boys (my babies and my husband).