Two days after claiming she was "sexually harassed" by a New York police officer, Amanda Bynes says she plans to sue the NYPD.
The troubled actress hit Twitter on Monday to tell her 1.34 million followers that she is going to sue the police department as a result of her arrest last week.
"For once and for all, this is the last thing I'll say about the mistaken arrest," she wrote. "I'm suing NYPD for illegally entering my apartment, lying about drugs on me and lying about me tampering with non existent drug paraphernalia, then I'm suing for being put into a mental hospital against my will, then locked up overnight for coming home after a facial and working out with my trainer like the good girl that I am."
She also claimed that she's "allergic to alcohol and drugs" and therefore doesn't "partake in any of the above."
"I'm so offended by all of this but so proud to not be a drug or alcohol user," Bynes added. "I don't need to talk about this anymore. My lawyer and I are taking this offense so seriously! Everything they did was against the law and The judge saw that there was no drugs on me or proof of any type of bong or mental illness."
Bynes claims that after she was taken into custody, she wasn't allowed to call her attorney until the following day.
According to the police and media reports, officers were called to Bynes' Midtown Manhattan apartment Thursday after the building's doorman alerted them someone was smoking marijuana in the lobby. When police arrived, Bynes had returned to her 36th-floor apartment, where officers say they smelled weed and saw a bong. The actress allegedly grabbed the bong and threw it out the window.
According to TMZ she was "kicking and screaming" during her arrest, yelling "don't you know who I am!" Bynes was charged with reckless endangerment, tampering with evidence and criminal possession of marijuana.
In her tweet Monday, she added: "I'm also suing my apartment complex for lying about me smoking in my building. I'm free forever! You can't lock up an innocent person! Thanks for caring!"
Bynes appeared in court Friday, wearing the same blonde wig and sweatpants she had sported when arrested. The 27-year-old actress was released on her own recognizance but received a stern warning from Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Neil Ross, who said he would set "very significant bail" should she fail to Of her court appearance, Bynes wrote that she "was immediately released because the judge saw that I was wrongly arrested. The cops found no proof of any type of drug use or evidence of drug paraphernalia such as a bong in or around my apartment."
The missive comes two days after Bynes claimed in a tweet that she had been "sexually harassed" by a police officer during her arrest.
"He lied and said I threw a bong out the window when I opened the window for fresh air," Bynes wrote of her arresting officer on Twitter Saturday. "He slapped my vagina. Sexual harassment. Big deal. I then called the cops on him. He handcuffed me, which I resisted, quite unlike any of the reports stated."
A New York Police Department spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter its Internal Affairs Bureau is investigating the claim. He had no other comment.
As previously reported, Bynes' lawyer, Andrew Friedman, said Friday the actress had submitted a complaint to Internal Affairs claiming mistreatment.
It's not the first time Bynes has threatened legal action. In March, she tweeted that she was going to sue Us Weekly and Perez Hilton over reports they published (five minutes later, she wrote that a clothing line and a perfume were in the works).
Bynes' other recent run-ins with the law include a 2012 arrest for drunk driving as well as two alleged hit-and-run incidents. She's made waves on Twitter in recent months by calling her detractors "ugly" and tweeting provocative self-portraits.
In a profile last year, THR reported Bynes' downward spiral began as she became more frustrated with her career -- which frequently saw her cast in family-friendly films.
"Everybody had her as a goody-goody. She couldn't break out of that genre," a high-level agency source told THR last year. "Her frustration was, 'I could have played this role; I could have played that role. I'm not getting the Lindsay Lohan roles.'"
On Monday, she ended her Twitter missive by saying she's embarking on a music career, but it's unclear whether she was joking.
"Look forward to seeing me in music videos!" she wrote. "I'm getting in shape and getting a nose job! I'm looking forward to a long and wonderful career as a singer/rapper!"