Rihanna is nominated for three Grammys and is also slated to perform a special number with Sting and Bruno Mars at this Sunday's Grammy Awards. Here are five things you may not know about this R&B superstar and fierce fashionista!
1. Born February 20, 1988 in St. Michael, Barbados -- her mom was an accountant and her dad worked as a warehouse supervisor.
2. After she arrived in the U.S. at age 16 to pursue a music career, she auditioned for Jay-Z and hours later was signed to Def Jam Records.
3. Growing up her mother wouldn't let her wear makeup, so it's ironic that she later landed a contract as a Cover Girl spokesmodel.
4. Is picky when it comes to eating and is said to dislike Mexican, Chinese, Japanese and Indian food. She also hates vegetables, but says she makes herself eat some of them to maintain a balanced diet.
5. Has turned down several offers to pose for Playboy, but has said she's not completely opposed to posing nude in the future if the photos are done "in a classy way."