Woman Battling Breast Cancer Dies Just Hours After Her Hospital Wedding


A Connecticut couple was staying true to the vows of marriage - in sickness and in health - before they ever said "I do."

But, David Mosher, 35, and Heather Lindsay, 31, did get to say those words to each other just hours before Lindsay passed away after a one-year battle with breast cancer.

“It was more like a funeral than a wedding to be honest. It was the hardest hour of my life,” Mosher told InsideEdition.com.

Mosher had planned to propose to Lindsay on Dec 23, 2016 after dating more than two years.

David and Heather
David and Heather

David and Heather

That morning, the pair went to the doctor and Lindsay was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer that had already spread to her lymph nodes.

The diagnosis didn’t stop Mosher, however.

“I left the plans as they were. I proposed to her,” Mosher said. “We had the toughest year of our life. She struggled with her cancer through the traditional chemotherapy.”

Lindsay and Mosher thought the cancer was under control but in September 2017 doctors informed her that it had spread to her brain and lungs. They were in shock.

“We realized it was something that needed to happen because she probably wasn’t going to make it,” Mosher said.

So the couple set a date for Dec. 30., but as the date neared, doctors at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford explained that Lindsay would probably not make it until then.

On Dec. 22, dressed in her wedding dress and lying in her hospital bed, Lindsay was wheeled down to the hospital's chapel, and she and Mosher said their vows to one another.

Eighteen hours later, Lindsay died.

Her funeral was held Saturday, on the day she was supposed to be married.

“We had a great love,” Mosher said. “Don’t take your love for granted because it could be taken away.”

Photos taken by Christina Karas


Bride Stages Wedding in Hospital So Her Dying Father Can Walk Her Down the Aisle

Dad Dies 2 Weeks After He Got to Walk Daughter Down the Aisle in Hospital Wedding

Mascot Officiates Wedding Held on Football Field Ahead of Indianapolis Colts' Game

Related Articles:

More From

  • Senator Tammy Duckworth Shoot Down Critics That Claim She’s Unpatriotic

    Presidential hopeful Joe Biden is speaking up for Senator Tammy Duckworth, who lost both her legs while serving in Iraq, after Fox News host Tucker Carlson said Duckworth "hated" America. President Donald Trump retweeted the segment. Duckworth also defended herself on Twitter, calling for Carlson to “walk a mile in my legs” before judging her patriotism. Duckworth is on the short list of potential vice presidential candidates under consideration by Joe Biden.

  • Inside Mary Kay Letourneau’s Final Days Before Dying of Cancer

    Mary Kay Letourneau, the teacher who raped and then married her student, Villi Fualaau, died Tuesday. We are learning new details about her final months battling the cancer that ultimately killed her. Her estranged husband, Fualaau, was at her side at the very end, and for the last months, took care of her every day, Mary Kay’s lawyer said. Letourneau was pregnant with Fualaau’s child when she was sentenced to 7 years in prison, and the couple had a second child as well.

  • Singers Are Banned at Church Services in California

    In an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19 at houses of worship, which recently reopened in California, Governor Gavin Newsom has ordered that singing be banned at all services in the state. To date, 650 coronavirus cases have been linked to 40 U.S. churches and religious events. Meanwhile, the Trump administration is pushing hard to reopen school in the fall, but health experts are pushing back, saying that many schools would shut down soon after opening if even once person got COVID-19.

  • Will Smith's Shares How Racism Impacted Him Growing Up in Philadelphia

    Actor Will Smith is speaking out about the racism he experienced while growing up in Philadelphia. In a recent podcast interview, he talked about his encounters with police, who Smith says called him the n-word on multiple occasions. The incidents allegedly took place under the city’s controversial former Mayor Rizzo, whose statue was recently removed after being vandalized during demonstrations against police brutality.