When life gives you lemons… make Creamy Lemon Bars.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Serving Size: 1- 2 x 2 square
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/4 cups SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon peel
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
Crust Directions: preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8-x-8-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
Combine flour, SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, and salt in food processor bowl; pulse 2 to 3 times. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press mixture into prepared pan; bake 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Filling Directions: whisk together eggs and half-and-half in a medium bowl; gradually whisk in SPLENDA®Granulated Sweetener and flour. Whisk in lemon peel and lemon juice; pour over hot crust. Bake 15 minutes or until center is set and edges are lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack; dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into 2-inch squares.