So you’ve resolved to get more fit and fabulous in the new year — hats off to you! First things first: You’ve got to invest in some stylish workout clothes and eco-athleisure wear to get you pumped for your brand-spankin’ new gym membership or first nature hike of 2018. It’s the same “look good, feel good” mentality that will inspire you to hit the ground running (literally) like the true fitness guru you are. Scroll through for 19 athleisure essentials — from a super adorbs sports bra to slay-worthy high-performance leggings — to snag for every type of workout you may encounter.
1. Running: Bless the fashion gods: These dope AF pink and red glitter-flecked Converse x JW Anderson trainers will 100 percent make a runner out of you yet. Brit + Co Pick: JW Anderson Womens Pink and Red Glitter Thunderbolt ($130)
2. HIIT Workouts: A pair of Girlfriend Collective’s cult-favorite mid-rise leggings (and full-coverage racerback sports bra to go with) will have you equipped for even the most strenuous HIIT workout. Bonus points for the peachy keen apricot hue. Brit + Co Pick: Girlfriend Collective Apricot Paloma Bra ($38) + Girlfriend Collective Apricot Mid-Rise Legging ($68)
3. Track and Field: Marathon runners, meet your match. Tracksmith’s performance-ready singlet tank and three-inch inseam shorts have been reimagined in a moisture-wicking fabric to make training for your next relay or 5K a breeze. Brit + Co Pick: Tracksmith Relay Singlet ($45) + Tracksmith Relay Shorts ($60)
4. SoulCycle: Call up your ride-or-die crew — Kule and Bandier have teamed up to bring you the freshest, most stripe-centric pair of leggings for your next 6am SoulCycle sesh. The ultra flattering fit and retro-cool aesthetic get our vote. Brit + Co Pick: Kule x Bandier The Jordyn in Navy ($125)
5. Outdoor Biking or Hiking: Rain or shine, sunrise or sunset, this classic windbreaker (in rose gold, baby) will be game for mid-winter bike rides and scenic hikes alike. Brit + Co Pick: Alala Fuel Jacket ($210)
6. Warm-Ups and Cool-Downs: Not to be overlooked, the warm-up and cool-down sesh are just as important as the actual workout itself. Inject some serious FASHUN into your morning jog with this Alexa Chung multi-stripe tracksuit that’s a far cry from frumpy. Brit + Co Pick: Alexa Chung Multicolour Rib Insert Hoodie ($290) + Alexa Chung Multicolour Rib Insert Trackpants ($220)
7. Ballet: Leave it to G. Sport (Goop’s newly launched athletic line) to design a no-frills leotard with a built-in shelf bra and curve-enhancing seams that’s surprisingly versatile even beyond the dance studio. Team with legwarmers and tights for a plié-worthy lewk. Brit + Co Pick: G. Sport Leotard ($80)
8. Skiing: Equipped for the three S’s — skiing, snowboarding, and sledding — a pair of Superdry’s fluor mint insulated snow pants will keep you toasty (and dry) when hitting the slopes. The surplus of zippered pockets, breathable vents, and ski-ready extras will hold you down après-ski too. Brit + Co Pick: Superdry Snow Pants ($175)
9. Gym Membership: To and fro the gym, you won’t want to be found without a pair of ADAY’s best-selling throw-and-roll leggings. Pssst: Pockets for all your ish are the clincher. Brit + Co Pick: ADAY Throw & Roll Leggings ($135)
10. Tennis: ‘Cause it’s never too early to start training to be the next Serena (or Venus) Williams. Allow this sporty color-block jersey racerback dress to elevate you to tennis MVP status as you work on perfecting your cross-court shot. Brit + Co Pick: Lacoste Women’s Sport Tennis Colorblock Jersey Racerback Dress ($130)
11. Strength Training: Show those guns with this boyfriend-style crop top from Kit and Ace that just may inspire you to get your booty to the gym. Brit + Co Pick: Kit and Ace Cut to the Chase Tank ($48)
12. Exercise Ball: Don’t sweat it, boo. We’ve got the quintessential blush boatneck top for your next at-home exercise ball routine. Brit + Co Pick: Beloforte Felicia Long-Sleeve Top in Blush ($70)
13. Hip-Hop Dancing: For a fist-pumping hip-hop or contemporary dance class, this airy mesh tie-back tee from Lou & Grey FORM will work overtime to ward off sweat. Pair alongside your go-to sports bra and joggers for easy style on-the-go. Brit + Co Pick: Lou & Grey FORM Mesh Stripe Tie Back Tee ($60)
14. Anti-Gravity Yoga: Join the anti-gravity yoga craze — or better yet, sign up for a flying trapeze class — with this full-length spandex jumpsuit that’s ready for some stunts. Brit + Co Pick: Olympia Activewear Olympus Bodysuit Fall-Jet/Jet Mesh ($132)
15. Snowboarding: Winter Olympics, here we come. From alpine skiing to ski jumping and freestyle events, nothing says head snow bunny in charge like a bomb red-striped quilted puffer that’s made to perform on arctic terrain. Brit + Co Pick: Perfect Moment Queenie Jacket ($425)
16. Pilates: Channel 24/7 comfort at home or in the Pilates studio with soft and sexy undergarments — like these high-waisted sage panties that are straight-up fire — that make you feel confident in your own skin. Brit + Co Pick: 05 Studio Alva Soft Green Yoga Bra ($28) + 05 Studio Terra High-Waisted Green Panties ($28)
17. Dance and Studio Workouts: It’s all about movement and fluidity when it comes to contemporary dance routines that get you movin’ and groovin’. Rock these wide-leg pants featuring a foldover waistband alongside a bodysuit for maximum ease. Brit + Co Pick: Free People Greet the Dawn Pant ($88)
18. Planks and Pushups: Five-minute plank challenge? It goes without saying, but girllll, you’ve got this. See New York Pilates’ notorious “plank and destroy” t-shirt for some serious fitspo. Brit + Co Pick: New York Pilates Plank & Destroy Tee ($40)
19. Bikram Yoga: Hot yoga, Bikram yoga, call it whatever you want — trust that you’ll feel Beyoncé-level fierce striking a half moon pose in this scene-stealing femme floral set from Cynthia Rowley that combines fashion with fitness. Brit + Co Pick: Cynthia Rowley Floral Sports Bra ($68) + Cynthia Rowley Floral Leggings ($88)
Which of these athleisure essentials will you be snagging for your next workout? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
You Might Also Like