Photo Credit: iStock
By Rebecca Jane Stokes
I’ve got cellulite. You probably do, too.
Cellulite is fat under your skin that causes dimpling on the outside. It becomes more visible as we get older, because women cannot catching a fucking break.
Whenever I’m with a partner for the first time, I live in terror of him seeing my cellulite-covered butt and thighs. I worry he’ll see me and judge me, deciding I’m too old, too fat, or too out of shape to be sexually attractive.
Of course, no one I’ve ever been with has ever said anything about this before, during, or after sex. Probably because while I have dated men who were monsters, they were not the kind of monster who is going to bring up your cellulite for no particular reason.
That said, I’ve never brought up the subject of cellulite to any of my male partners, so I have no idea what was going through their heads when they saw mine for the first time. So I decided to ask our group of plucky anonymous men some questions in the hopes of getting to real issue: What do men REALLY think of your cellulite?
When a woman is naked, what’s the first thing you notice?
- Probably her tits, because that’s what’s most visible. But where I go consciously looking is her vulva. I’m more a cunt man than an ass, tit, or leg man.
- The curves - shoulders, breasts, waist, hips, and legs.
- Her tummy
- Her breasts
- Her face
- Specifically naked? Breasts and hips, clavicle. Overall figure, and pubis mons.
- Her smile.
- Waist, hips, vagina.
- Whether she has goose bumps or not.
- Her boobs, shape and size.
- Her figure as a whole and what it looks like without clothes.
What do you like the most about a woman’s skin?
- The warmth
- I love when women’s skin is soft, and the way it can be slightly sweet-smelling. I also love to bite and lick and run my teeth along it.
- The touch; skin to skin contact is very sensual and arousing.
- Its smoothness.
- Its smell when sweaty.
- The smell. Mmmmmmm, the smell. I love touching it, too. The incredible opportunity for foreplay it represents.
- Her color, I am a Latin man and i have certain fetish for two skin colors, bronze-skinned (like the one of the Latin woman, lucky me) and a very pale skin color (pale pink, not pale sick)
In a few words, tell me what you think cellulite is.
- It’s fat that’s visible on the outside?
- It’s fat that causes dimples.
- An accumulation of adipose and salts.
- Fat cells.
- I have it too.
- A normal thing, very little issue.
- Herniation of subcutaneous fat within fibrous tissue.
- Sub-q fat. Makes the rippley bits?
- Fat underneath the skin.
- Not sure what it is, but it creates striated skin.
- Body fat that has a distinctive appearance.
- No clue. Fat?
Do you ever notice cellulite on women? If you do, what do you think of it?
- I don’t pay much attention to it, nor do I really care about it.
- I do but it doesn’t really effect my impression.
- Suits some more than others
- Usually fat just thickens, and that’s fine, occasionally good. Where it’s lumpy through the skin, I am unattracted.
- Not always
- Sometimes I notice, but they are just ripples in time.
- Ummm… I guess? I don’t think of it one way or another.
- Sometimes, and it’s normal.
- I don’t think of it. It’s part of life lived.
- A woman has to be ultra fit to not have cellulite, i do not care unless it is very (very) gross.
- Rarely, and it depends on the woman. Sometimes its not a big deal and curves are often sexy.
- I notice it, but don’t care.
- It’s ok. It’s life.
If you had to describe the cellulite of the woman you love and she would never find out, how would you describe it?
- It’s part of what gives her that ass that drives me wild.
- Nice imperfections.
- Her stomach is large, but smooth and not round or droopy.
- She actually has more problems with it than me. She’s got very few spots.
- Ripples in time.
- I don’t know that I could… I really don’t pay enough attention, for better or worse. When my significant other lost 15 lbs. and I didn’t notice, I had to really gently remind her that I didn’t notice her putting it on, either. It can feel like a tightrope.
- No big deal.
- I wouldn’t. Why bother? It doesn’t affect my love for her.
- What cellulite?
- Ripples of fat.
- Vein. Fat lines.
Does a woman’s cellulite change how attracted you are to her?
- I can’t imagine it would, though theoretically, that’s possible. I’ve been with extremely obese people before where it felt like their skin had somehow come detached from their bodies. I found that quite unpleasant.
- Not unless morbidly obese.
- I don’t like it but also skinny attractive women have it because it’s normal. So it probably depends.
- Depends on her overall physical health more than the presence of cellulite.
- None whatsoever. I am often called a ‘chubby chaser’, a term that I absolutely hate. But I am not sizist, really at all. I’ve been with women of just about every shape and size. Well, not a body-builder physique, but certainly some athletic women who were stronger than me…
- Not at all.
- Kinda, if she had a severe case of cellulite then yes the attraction will change.
- It could potentially depending on the degree, and how it compliments her figure.
- No. Its just fat.
This article originally appeared on YourTango.