For a new video spotlighting African designers, the online fashion retailer Oxosi channeled the legendary ‘80s singer Sade and staged a fashion shoot in a jazz club. Models wear the latest spring/summer 2017 collections by brands including Maki Oh, a recent hit at New York Fashion Week, and Loza Maléombho, a Côte d’Ivoire brand whose clothing appeared in Beyoncé’s “Formation” video.
Other brands include Lisa Folawiyo (see the lace trench coat), Bridget Awosika, the androgynous Lagos-based menswear brand Orange Culture, and Edun (founded by Bono and wife Ali Hewson to promote trade in Africa). As a platform, Oxosi exclusively carries designs by African designers.
Watch the video starring models Galaxia Lorenzo, Olivia Anakwe, and George Okeny above. Select items from the film are available on Oxosi.com.
- Indiana University Policy to Ban New Student Athletes With History of Sexual Violence
- So Sarah Palin, Kid Rock, and Ted Nugent Walk Into the White House
- Talking to the Popular Girls, 20 Years Later
- When Women Pursue Sex, Even Men Don’t Get It
- Why Everyone Loves the Alpha Girl