Veronica Beard, the ready-to-wear brand that expanded into footwear and jeans in 2017, is adding swimwear to the mix.
Beard, which is headed by co-designers and sisters-in-law Veronica Miele Beard and Veronica Swanson Beard, will launch its first collection of swimwear and cover-ups for resort 2020.
More from WWD
- Veronica Beard and Sold Out NYC Collaborate on Limited-Edition Collection
- Veronica Beard Offers Extended Sizing
- Veronica Beard to Open Store at the Americana Manhasset
The collection will be comprised of seven cover-ups and four styles of bottoms, four styles of tops and five one-piece models. The brand’s signature leopard print is included among the colorways. Sizes range from XS to XL, as well as XS to 2XL in multiple styles, as the brand continues to expand offerings in inclusive sizing.
Retail prices range from $178 to $495 for cover-ups and $108 to $368 for swimsuits. Company officials declined to give a first-year sales projection.
The swimwear is being manufactured in-house.
The swim collection will be available beginning in November at all Veronica Beard boutiques, veronicabeard.com and such retailers as Bergdorf Goodman, Intermix and Shopbop, with extended sizes offered at Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom.
The Beards started their eponymous brand, known for its feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, in 2010.
Best of WWD
- American Dream: What to Know About New Jersey's Supersized Shopping Mall
- The Biggest Spring 2020 Fashion Trends From the Runways
- Celebrities at New York Fashion Week Spring 2020