Tyler, the Creator has been a Converse partner for several years — but his latest collaboration is the most distinctly his.
The rapper and sneaker giant have teamed up on the Golf le Fleur Gianno, a new shoe engineered from the ground up, that combines influences from both basketball and hiker silhouettes.
More from Footwear News
- Judge Rules No Infringement by Skechers in Converse Trademark Suit
- Converse's New Collab Has an Avant-Garde Look With a Military Vibe
- Converse Is Taking Your Old Jeans and Turning Them Into New Sneakers
“This was an opportunity to create a build that he could have ownership and creative input to,” said Matt Sleep, Converse’s footwear design director, in a release. “We worked to craft a design language for Tyler with nods to Converse DNA and heritage.”
The shoe’s upper is made from a mix of leather, nylon and suede, with eye-catching details including a mini debossed fleur motiff and reflective eye rows. The shoe features a midfoot shank for stability, as well as a rugged tread pattern inspired by ’90s basketball kicks.
“The shoe is a combination of style and function,” said Converse senior design director Amy Rauner. “The multidirectional non-skid, lugged outsole should work in many different conditions — whether it be biking on BMX trails or hiking in the woods.”
The Gianno first drops at Camp Flog Gnaw, a festival from Nov. 9 through Nov. 10 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. It releases globally on Monday, Nov. 11, at Converse.com and in Golf Wang stores for $120.
Tyler, the Creator Teases Rainbow Golf Le Fleur Sneaker Perfect for Pride
Tyler, the Creator’s New Golf Le Fleur Converse Shoe Is Covered in Faux Crocodile Skin
Tyler, the Creator’s Latest Golf Le Fleur Converse One Star Is Completely Reflective
Best of Footwear News
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court
- 17 Best Basketball Sneakers of All-Time