Jordan Brand is adding a new color palette to both the classic Air Jordan 5 and 13.
Known as the “Island Green” color scheme, the Air Jordan 5 boasts a white tumbled leather upper that’s decorated with the pattern of palm trees and tropical foliage throughout the premium material, which is also reflective as well. Island Green accents are seen on the eyelets, tongue, side panels and outsole. The design of the Jordan 5 took inspiration from an American World War II fighter plane, including the shark-tooth details on the midsole.
More from Footwear News
- This Buzzy 'Island Green' Air Jordan 5 Is Rumored to Release Next Month
- The Classic Air Jordan 13 'Flint' Is Reportedly Returning Next Year
- P.J. Tucker Shows off Trophy Room x Air Jordan 5s on Instagram
The Air Jordan 5 Retro “Island Green.”
For the Air Jordan 13, the shoe is styled in a crocodile-like embossed leather upper and combined with “Island Green” for the suede heel, midsole and mudguard. The Air Jordan 13 silhouette was originally inspired by the black panther.
The Air Jordan 13 Retro will be the first of the bunch to be released on Saturday, while the Air Jordan 5 will be available on Nov. 11. Each pair will launch via the SNKRS app as well as at select Jordan Brand locations. Retail pricing is set at $200 and $225, respectively.
Two Classic Nike Basketball Sneakers Inspired Odell Beckham Jr.’s New Football Cleats
Nike Reveals NBA Star Kyrie Irving’s Next Signature Sneaker
Nike Will Debut the Kyrie 6 With a Special City-Inspired Collection
Best of Footwear News
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court
- 17 Best Basketball Sneakers of All-Time