As Americans are looking down the barrel of swimsuit season, and June, the most popular month to get married is upon us, the popular “Whole 30″ cookbook yet again topped the list for bestselling cookbook on Amazon.com.
“For the second month in a row, Thug Kitchen is the maid-of-honor to the Whole30 bride,” Amazon book editor Seira Wilson told us over email. We couldn’t have said it better. The diet and lifestyle book by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig zoomed up the Amazon food book charts last month, and since then we’ve seen it everywhere — even this editor is currently taking the challenge (and writing about her misadventures).
Wilson noted that “we’re still seeing the power of vegan and veggie cookbooks,” including best-selling titles from previous months 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse by JJ Smith, Inspiralized by Ali Maffucci, The Skinnytaste Cookbook by Gina Homolka, The Plantpower Way by Rich Roll, and Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great by Danielle Walker.
In keeping with the trend, the single newcomer to Amazon’s top food book this month was The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon, which features vegan recipes “to glow from the inside out.”
But there’s hope yet for you staunch carnivores. Perhaps heralding summer grilling seasons, Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto by Aaron Franklin is sitting pretty at a comfortable sixth place.
Check out the rest of May’s best-selling cookbooks on Amazon below:
1. The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom by Melissa Hartwig and Dallas Hartwig
2. Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck by Thug Kitchen
3. 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days! by JJ Smith
4. Inspiralized: Turn Vegetables into Healthy, Creative, Satisfying Meals by
5. The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor by Gina Homolka
6. Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto by Aaron Franklin
7. The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out by Angela Liddon
8. Food52 Genius Recipes: 100 Recipes That Will Change the Way You Cook by Kristen Miglore
9. The Plantpower Way: Whole Food Plant-Based Recipes and Guidance for The Whole Family by Rich Roll
10. Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great by Danielle Walker
Click here for Amazon’s hour-by-hour best seller list.
Best-selling titles in previous months:
What’s your favorite cookbook? Tell us below!