The S&P 500 and Nasdaq (^GSPC, ^IXIC) soar to record highs with huge tech earnings fueling the rally. Catch The Final Round at 3:55 p.m. with Jen Rogers, Mark Spellman of Alpine Funds and Yahoo Finance markets correspondents Myles Udland and Nicole Sinclair.
Today we discuss:
- All-time highs for some of the biggest names in tech. Can the party roll on in Q4?
- Drugmakers are in focus on Washington and Wall Street. Will a CVS-Aetna merger shakeup the industry even more?
Winners & Losers
Stocks moving higher include:
- AbbVie as the drugmaker beat on earnings and upped its dividend by 11%
- First Solar as the solar panel maker beat on both the top and bottom lines
- Intel as the chipmaker beat on earnings and raised its full-year outlook citing its data center business
Stocks ending the week on a down note include:
- Gilead as the drugmaker’s hepatitis C treatment sales drew concern
- JCPenney as the department store operator warned it would lose twice as much money as it forecast this quarter
- Mattel, as the toymaker missed by a wide margin and suspended its dividend