Admittedly, it hasn't be a regular tradition since my daughter was born, but we still try to do it when I can. We've become somewhat accustomed to bedtime breakfasts and developed a few favorite things. Here are the dishes I swear are PERFECT for breakfast in bed. Make them in the morning, load up a tray with tons of food and a flower and head upstairs for a wonderfully romantic breakfast!
1. Nutella Stuffed Strawberry French Toast
There is nothing better than adding Nutella to an already gorgeous french toast breakfast. Who wouldn't love to wake up to this?!
1/2 cup milk, half and half or cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon agave or honey
olive oil or butter for cooking
fresh strawberries for garnish
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1/4 cup maple syrup, I used grade B
Related: 10 pink treats to enjoy this Valentine's Day
1. Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and agave or honey in a large bowl. Whisk well. Spread Nutella on bread and make a sandwich. Dip in egg mixture and coat completely on both sides.
2. Drizzle olive oil or melt butter in skillet. Brown French toast on each side.
3. Combine strawberries and maple syrup in a microwave safe bowl for cooking in the microwave or in a small saucepan to cook on the stove. Heat through until strawberries are mushy.
4. Serve warm strawberry maple syrup over French toast with a few fresh strawberries.
2. Nutella Stuffed Muffins
These gorgeous stuffed Nutella muffins are totally fabulous and fun for a romantic breakfast in bed.
Make Nutella stuffed muffins
3. Strawberry Mint French Toast
A gorgeous mint-strawberry sauce is the perfect sweet topping for crunchy, chewy Valentine's French toast.
Make strawberry mint French toast
Related: 12 adorable cookies to bake on February 14th
4. Baked Heart Donuts
These adorable donuts are baked, not fried, meaning it is easier to eat two without feeling guilty. Be careful not to get too many crumbs in the sheets!
Make baked heart donuts
5. Strawberry Shortcake Heart Waffles
How about layering waffles with fresh strawberries and whipped cream to make a delicious breakfast treat modeled after the popular dessert?!
Make strawberry shortcake heart waffles
Related: 13 healthy, heart-shaped Valentine's Day surprises for kids
6. Homemade Strawberry Pop Tarts
These adorable breakfast treats are fun to make with kids, and the adults will love them too!
Make strawberry Pop Tarts
7. Red Velvet Pancakes
Probably the most romantic of all breakfasts, these beautiful pancakes fit the mood and are delicious to boot.
Make red velvet pancakes
- By Kelsey Banfield
For 3 more romantic recipes for breakfast-in-bed with your Valentine, visit Babble!
MORE ON BABBLE
14 savory recipes your vegan Valentine will LOVE
12 skinny Valentine's Day goodies to feast on
7 creative ways to make red velvet on February 14th
10 aphrodisiac foods for a sexy Valentine's dinner
The worst Valentine's Day gifts: Food edition