Glee star Naya Rivera shocked us all with her surprise wedding to actor Ryan Dorsey. But in the few short hours since their happy news broke, tons of new details have emerged about their wedding day. The most shocking? The new Mr. and Mrs. Dorsey married on the day Rivera was initially set to tie the knot to former fiancé Big Sean! She reportedly selected the date and the Cabo San Lucas locale last October when she was still betrothed to the rapper.
Is it possible she repurposed her called-off nuptials to marry Dorsey? We've rounded up five more surprising wedding details that shed some light on the sneaky nuptials.
1. Rivera wore a Monique Lhuillier wedding dress. On its own, this detail doesn't sound like much of anything - plenty of brides walk down the aisle in gorgeous Monique wedding dresses. However, Big Sean bought Rivera a dress from the same designer for their called-off wedding. Is it possible this is the very same dress? Regardless, she looked stunning in the beautiful lace gown, which reminds us a bit of Kim Kardashian's wedding dress.
2. Speaking of Kim Kardashian, Rivera used the reality star's hairstylist for her wedding-day look. Rivera married Dorsey in a destination wedding, just like Kardashian and Kanye West. And aside from their very similar wedding gowns, Rivera went so far as to fly in Kardashian's hairstylist for her own wedding day. It even seems like she chose a romantic, flowing look, just like Kardashian!
3. She didn't give guests much notice. TMZ reports that the groom's father learned about the wedding only six short weeks ago! Unsurprisingly, only 12 guests were in attendance at their ceremony, likely because of the short time frame.
See more: TV Wedding Dresses: The Best of the Best
4. We weren't the only people surprised. Rivera's friends had no idea she was even dating Dorsey, let alone getting married! She kept the relationship and wedding plans very quiet, and an Us Weekly source says, "the whole thing is a complete surprise."
5. She's fully embracing life as Mrs. Dorsey. Rivera even went so far as to change her last name - at least on Twitter and Instagram. @NayaRivera now states her name as "Naya Rivera Dorsey".