- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
by Anna Moeslein, Glamour
Millionaire Matchmaker guru Patti Stanger stopped by Glamour HQ today to give us tons of love advice-everything from date-night makeovers to how to tell a guy you're just not interested. And, of course, with Valentine's Day just around the corner, we had to ask her tips for the lovey-dovey holiday. If you're in a relationship, she says, what he does for Valentine's Day will tell you what he's really feeling for you-"If you don't get flowers on that day, he's toast."-but I thought her advice for single women was especially interesting. According to her, it's actually the best night to find a date!
See more:35 Winter Outfit Ideas
"Valentine's Day is the hardest day of the year for a woman to get out, but everybody who is anybody and single is out that night," Patti says. "There's a reason why: Men get laid on Valentine's Day. So, think of it this way, in a city where there's five men to every one woman-all these men who are single are roving. If he's out that night, he's single."
1. Look good and have the confidence to match. "Wear your best red dress, put your red lipstick on, put your heels on, have two martinis on me, and kick it up. You're like, "I don't give a sh-t [about Valentine's Day]! I'm with my girlfriends. We're drinking; we're having a great time!" And watch how the men start circling you. They never do it on any other night of the year-not even New Year's."
2. Avoid the date-night spots and head to the bar. "Don't pick the romantic restaurant with the cute little bar. You pick the pick-up spot. Where's the 5, 6, 7 pick-up spots in your neighborhood where you know all the hot guys go. That's the place. Because you don't want to see the girl getting proposed to or the girl getting flowers. You want to see people like you-miserable, angry, and want to get laid. Trust me, it's the night"
See more:60 Winter Nail Polish Ideas
3. But don't just look for any single guy. "You're not looking for the guys getting 10 numbers at the bar. You're looking for that guy's best friend who's like "He pulled me out here; I didn't know what to do." He's the guy watching the game on TV and drinking his Guinness. And then you guys talk and connect, and before long you're going to have a husband."
4. Have a conversation opener. "Go see Die Hard before the bar, and then you can have a conversation topic. So you're all pumped up from the movie, and the guy says, 'What did you see tonight?' And you say, 'Die Hard!' and the gates open-you just said the magic word."
For more awesome Patti advice, go to pattiknows.com-her advice website! And check out new episodes of The Millionaire Matchmaker on Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on Bravo. The next episode premieres Feb. 19!
What do you think of Patti's advice? Are you going out on Valentine's Day-or staying in?
15 Hair-Color Makeover Ideas to Try in 2013
10 Beauty Tricks That Make Guys Melt
What Your Party Outfit Says About You (According to Guys)
2013's Most Wearable Fashion Trends