By Frank Kobola
You obviously shouldn't let a man dictate how you behave in bed. But in case you were wondering, we're pretty simple creatures in the sack, really. We don't want you to do anything outrageous or weird - just a little cowgirl here and there. Some other things men enjoy during sex include the below.
RELATED: 11 Reasons To Date A Younger Guy
1. We want you to talk dirty. It's not like you need to narrate everything that's happening, but you'd be surprised what a few well-placed dirty words can do to a guy. Not everyone is comfortable doing this, but there's no need to venture too far out of your comfort zone. Words and phrases like "wet," "feels so good," and "harder" can still work wonders. Just don't get too clinical: "I can confirm your penis is inside my vagina" isn't going to do it for anyone.
2. We want you to take control sometimes. There are few things hotter than a girl who knows what she wants, and there are a lot of different ways to communicate that to a guy. It doesn't mean you have to bust out whips and leather restraints, and boss us around (but you could). It could be something as simple as pushing us down on the bed and pinning our arms down over our heads while you're on top. Taking control of which position we're moving to next can also be really hot. Just like talking dirty, this doesn't have to be anything too complicated or filthy.
3. We want you to initiate new positions. We really like it when you throw us a curveball. If there's a new position you've found that you want to try, please go for it. It can be some hugely creative, elaborate sex circus that involves a Jacuzzi, whipped cream, and bananas, but introducing a modification to old standbys like doggy or missionary can also work. Don't even worry about whether or not the position ends up "working" for the two of you. It's a turn-on just knowing we're doing something you want to try.
4. We want to be surprised. I'll admit, some guys can be intimidated if you start pulling out vibrators from underneath the mattress in the middle of sex. But throwing some new things in there to shake up your lovemaking is really never a bad idea. You can even make the sex itself a surprise: Jump your significant other in the hallway or on the stairs and just turn it into a sex session. Moments like that, where you can't control yourself and just have to have us are always appreciated. Introducing some costumes, his-and-her lubricants, toys, and role-playing can also work. Just keep in mind that some of this stuff is outside of people's comfort zones. Make sure you know what your guy likes before you bust out the latex nun outfit and rubber fist.
RELATED: How Men Really Know They're In Love
5. We want to watch you. Visual stimulation really gets guys going. Choosing positions like cowgirl or reverse cowgirl where we can really get a view of what's happening is hugely arousing. Alternatively, any position can benefit from a well-placed mirror where we can get a full view of the action. If you're feeling really courageous, let your man watch you while you touch yourself. If you really want to drive him crazy, don't let him touch or kiss you during the session, so he gets really worked up. This also has the added benefit of showing him what turns you on because he can see how you get yourself off.
6. We want you to feed us pizza. This one might just be me, but I have a feeling it isn't.
More From Cosmopolitan:
Are You Just A Substitute Girlfriend?
My Phone Destroyed My Relationship
20 Things Everyone Needs To Stop Being Competitive About
5 First Date Outfits and What They Say About You