Ellen set a new standard for excellence when she hosted the Academy Awards last night: shut down Twitter or go home.
Among the many highlights of her highly praised stint running the Oscars, Ellen created the most retweeted post of all time on Twitter with a group selfie of Hollywood proportions:
There were many more great moments from her second time hosting the ceremony, from the wardrobe and the jokes to the mid-ceremony food break. Here our Top 10 favorites:
1. The selfie rules all and so do the memes. It's impossible to outdo Ellen's group portrait, but there were definitely some clever reincarnations that caught our eye.
2. The Pizza Delivery Guy. For once, Ellen wasn't kidding when she told the crowd she was ordering pizza. Edgar, the delivery guy from Big Mama's & Papa's Pizzeria, showed up on stage shortly after with three boxes of fresh pies ready to be shared. And who better to assist Ellen with the plates and napkins than Brad Pitt?
3. The Opening Monologue - Rain in L.A., Jennifer Lawrence tripping, Jonah Hill's… Ellen was bold, fun and sparkling, starting the show on a high note.
4. The Glinda The Good Witch Dress - Many thought they'd never see Ellen in a dress, but never say never …
5. That time Ellen interrupted Leo and Sandra Bullock…
6. Ellen's consolation prize for Bradley Cooper. It's not as hard losing when you get scratchers to make up for it.
7. Stepping out in a black tux and sneakers -- Ellen's coolest look of the evening and the perfect one to finish off the night. She left ready to dance and grab a margarita!
8. Ellen collaborates with Pharrell's hat. We were hoping our favorite accessory would make a cameo, and our host found a clever way of bringing it into the show. What will that hat do next?!
9. Borrowing Lupita's lip balm. The Best Supporting Actress winner didn't have cash to contribute to the pizza party, but she did offer Ellen a tube of her finest gloss, and Ellen didn't mind borrowing it either. All that rain does make chapping inevitable.
10. Getting Harvey Weinstein to front the pizza bill. Perfect call.