During her eight-year tenure as FLOTUS, Michelle Obama's hair has always been relaxed and straightened. Which is why when this image surfaced on twitter from user @meagnacarta on Monday, the internet exploded.
This is the picuture I have been waiting on for like 3 years. COME ON NATURAL. pic.twitter.com/HF8AYpsciB
- gif sommelier (@meagnacarta) April 2, 2017
Originally reported by The Huffington Post, the noticeable reaction to seeing the former first lady don her natural textured hair for the first time was truly something meaningful. Embracing your natural hair and having Michelle Obama exemplify the growing movement is definitely empowering for women who for so long have felt the need to "polish" or "clean up" their natural textured hair in order to conform to beauty norms. And it seems the internet agrees:
michelle obama's natural hair pic.twitter.com/7P6saWHqZF
- Franklin Ocean (@nebulawade) April 3, 2017
- Scooter Phoenix (@ScooterPhoenix) April 3, 2017
- IThinkOverThere (@AdwoaOA) April 3, 2017
- Dellea Copeland (@delleacopeland) April 3, 2017
Looking good, Michelle.
You Might Also Like