There’s only one person in the entertainment industry who can rival Taylor Swift when it comes to curating an A-list girl squad, and, for some reason, that person is Woody Harrelson.
In a new Vanity Fair profile of Brie Larson, we learn that her Rampart and The Glass Castle co-star Harrelson was responsible for introducing her to friends Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone (who he worked with on The Hunger Games and Zombieland, respectively). According to VF, Harrelson “is the Pied Piper of these young women,” and he thought “they would all benefit from knowing one another.”
“It’s hard in this business, especially at that age, to experience celebrity and all the perks and all the temptations of celebrity,” Harrelson explains. Thanks to Woody’s keen-eyed social-networking skills, Larson, Stone, and Lawrence were able to form “a very tight-knit group who keep them honest and keep their ego in check.”
And it didn’t end there:
“Emma wrote this beautiful e-mail out of nowhere [while Larson was promoting Room] and then one day Jen sent me a text message after she saw Room, and we started talking,” Larson recalls. The note morphed into a text chain with Lena Dunham and Amy Schumer chiming in with words of support. “That [group of friends] saved my life,” Larson says.
- Jesse Williams and Aryn Drake-Lee Divorcing After Five Years of Marriage
- Former Bachelor Chris Soules Reportedly Arrested After Fatal Crash
- Zeke Thomas Speaks Out for the First Time About Being Assaulted
- I Was the Queen Bee: 3 High-School Bullies Describe Their Reigns of Terror
- Serena Williams Responds to Male Tennis Player’s Racist Remark About Her Pregnancy