If you were taken by surprise upon seeing a photo of Serena Williams’s baby bump in full view on Snapchat last week, well, so was she. You see, Williams’s Snap wasn’t meant for public viewing. Rather, the tennis champion had gotten into the habit of visually documenting her growing baby bump and it just so happened that she accidentally shared the Snap to her followers.
At least, that’s the story Williams told Gayle King at Tuesday’s 2017 Ted Talks conference held inside the Vancouver Convention Centre. Williams called the public Snap “an accident” that occurred while she was on vacation, according to People.
“I didn’t tell a lot of people to be quite honest and I’d been saving it. On social media, you press the wrong button and … Thirty minutes later I missed four calls and I’m like, ‘That’s weird.’ But it was a good moment. I was only going to wait five or six more days [to share].”
- Jesse Williams and Aryn Drake-Lee Divorcing After Five Years of Marriage
- Zeke Thomas Speaks Out for the First Time About Being Assaulted
- Former Bachelor Chris Soules Reportedly Arrested After Fatal Crash
- The Most Depressing Ways The Bachelor Couple Have Described Their Relationship
- I Was the Queen Bee: 3 High-School Bullies Describe Their Reigns of Terror