Alabama head coach Nick Saban tested positive for COVID-19, the game between Florida and LSU was postponed after an outbreak in the Gators locker room, the Astros avoided the sweep with a win over the Rays in Game 4, the Dodgers decimated the Braves in Game 3 to pull closer in the NLCS, and the Lakers are celebrating the championship in their own unique ways. PLUS: We hardly knew the 2021 Pro Bowl, Zhuri James is the main character in a Disney cartoon, and is Tampa Bay the new Title Town?
- Here's a fly ball into right-center field. Back. At the wall. It is gone! Grand slam! And the first inning is historic. 11 runs on the board for the Dodgers.
- It only counted for one, but after the beatdown the Dodgers put on the Braves, it should've counted two. They made history by scoring 11 runs in the first inning. And they never looked back.
- As they are just dropping bombs here in the first inning.
- In the nightcap, everyone's new favorite team, the Tampa Bay Rays, couldn't take out the trash. So what we did there?
They're trash. But, also, they used trash cans.
The Houston Astros avoided a sweep with a huge win in Game 4. No matter who wins that series, there is definitely more baseball on the horizon. But football's future? Well, that's a little bit more unclear. The NFL had an up-and-down day in its battle with coronavirus. The league had to cancel the Pro Bowl, which is bad news.
But the Patriots announced that their quarterback Cam Newton will return to practice today. So good news.
But at the college level, whoo, boy! Corona had itself a day. Alabama's head coach Nick Saban tested positive for COVID-19, as did the school's athletic director. And while their showdown with Georgia is currently still on, another high profile contest isn't it.
- Oh, God. What now?
- LSU and Florida postponed their game after 19 Gators tested positive for the virus. A few of them reported that, quote, they had allergy-like symptoms before their game last week against Texas A&M. Right around the time their coach said this.
- Crowd was certainly a factor in the game. I will certainly say that. I know our governor passed that rule. So, certainly, hopefully, the university administration decides to let us pack the Swamp for LSU next week.
- Well, if I get it, they do play in the Swamp.
The Lakers have been NBA champions for four days now. And the good part about winning this chip is you can turn up however you want. Like, if you want your kid sipping on bubble bubbly, let him do it. And if you want to get tacos delivered long after the brownie hits, go ahead, Anthony Davis. You a champion. As for LeBron, there's a reason why he's King. He celebrated the championship by buying a brand new house for his five-year-old daughter. Whoa. Wait a minute. Did I read that correctly? Yep. Zhuri James is a brand new homeowner. And it's in a really good school district, too. See, I see what LeBron's trying to do. He's trying to get her her little compound. He's going to open up an I Promise School behind there. Put a tennis court over there. So she never really has to leave. See, this is like one of them Disney Princess stories.