Whether it be a long-term or long-distance relationship, sometimes you run out of things to talk about. These questions assure things will get interesting.(Photo: Courtesy)
My boyfriend and I always want to talk to each other, but when you’re in a long-distance relationship that plays out almost entirely by phone, it’s a fact that sometimes you simply run out of things to say. This phenomenon isn’t limited to LDRs, however—in-town couples can come to a point where their conversations also putter to a we’ve-talked-about-everything stop. So if the will to get your gab on is still strong, but your imagination is weak, allow me to suggest 20 topics you can tackle with your significant other to get the conversation started again. (Bonus: Some of these will give you a good giggle too as you learn even more about each other!)
1. What’s your earliest memory of feeling wonder?
2. What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
3. Tell me your most embarrassing story—I promise not to judge!
4. If you could take a pill that made you smarter, a la Bradley Cooper in Limitless, would you?
5. Where did you go on your very first date?
6. What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled?
7. How much money would it take to make you happy?
8. If you could keep any kind of animal as a pet, what would it be? What would you name it?
9. What is the best present you’ve ever given?
10. Have you ever been jealous of your best friend?
11. What’s your favorite (or least favorite) word?
12. If you wrote a sitcom about your life, what would you name it?
13. What was your biggest achievement—before you turned 10?
14. Tell me every nickname you’ve ever had and how you got them.
15. What do you most fear?
16. What is the best possible thing I could ever do for you?
17. Is anything worth giving up sex for?
18. What was the first thought you had when you saw me for the first time?
19. If you could have a second home somewhere, where would it be?
20. How would you spend your last day if you knew you had only one more to live?
Do you have any other fun questions we can ask our S.O.’s when our regular ol’ conversations run dry? Would love to hear your ideas below!
By Jillian Kramer
More from Glamour: