Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of July 25, 2019.
- Meghan Markle's birthday is almost here. On August 4, the duchess will turn 38. She's expected to celebrate with Prince Harry, royal baby Archie and Queen Elizabeth, who has reportedly invited the couple over for a birthday celebration and tea party at her summer home of Balmoral. You shouldn't have, Gan Gan!
- Speaking of Balmoral, Queen Elizabeth departed for her Scottish summer vacation yesterday, according to royal reported Katie Nicholl. She'll then remain at the Aberdeenshire residence, where she already had household staff add Archie's name to the castle's royal family tree that's on display, until October.
- Prince Harry visited Sheffield Children's Hospital today, the same place where his mother, the late Princess Diana, opened a new wing of rooms more than 30 years ago. The duke received two personalized gifts for royal baby Archie: a teddy bear that read "HRH Theo" and a blanket with the Sussexes' official monogram.
- Princess Eugenie celebrated her divorced parents' anniversary on Wednesday, July 24, by posting a heartfelt black-and-white Instagram of her mom and dad, Sarah Ferguson and the Duke of York, from their wedding day.
- Queen Elizabeth reportedly told new Prime Minister Boris Johnson, "I don't know why anyone would want the job!" when she met him at Buckingham Palace yesterday, according to NBC News foreign correspondent Vincent McAviney.
Where We'll See Them Next:
- Kate Middleton and Prince William will take a break from their summer vacation to appear at the King’s Cup sailing regatta in Cowes, England, on August 9.
- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles will visit northern Scotland on July 27. They'll spend a few days on the Shetland Islands and Wick in the royal burgh of Caithness. (Fun fact: While there, they're referred to as the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay.)