Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of July 18, 2019.
- Last night, it was revealed that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's new royal foundation will be called (drumroll, please)...Sussex Royal. This comes after Kensington Palace announced in June that the Royal Foundation of William, Kate, Harry and Meghan would be split up into one for each couple. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, along with PR guru Sara Latham and former Royal Foundation staffer Natalie Campbell will serve as the new charity's four directors, and their plans for the foundation's first big project, with a focus on the environment, are already in the works.
- Kate Middleton, Prince William, George, Charlotte and Louis are currently on summer break, according to Hello!. While their vacay location is still unknown (last year it was Mustique, and it may be a royal repeat this year, according to The Sun), they are set to visit the queen's summer residence of Balmoral in Scotland sometime during their holiday. Before their well-deserved break from the public eye, the Cambridges had a few big appearances last week. They will likely not return to the spotlight until early August (more on that later).
- Queen Elizabeth's summer vacation plans have been delayed, however, due to a scheduled meeting with the incoming prime minister (to be announced on July 23). The shift comes after Theresa May announced her resignation in late May. Then Her Majesty will head to Balmoral, most likely to host the Cambridges and the Sussexes. The queen is reportedly hosting Markle and Harry for the duchess's 38th birthday.
- Make way for Her Highness, Queen of Style, Pippa Middleton. The younger sister to duchess Kate wore a gorgeous bright-pink printed frock from Norwegian brand byTiMO to Wimbledon on Sunday, one day after she caught the women's singles final match with big sis Kate and Markle.
- Prince George, third in line to the throne, turns 6 on Monday, July 22! His parents have reportedly jetted the Cambridge family to the Caribbean (for the second year in a row) according to royal correspondent Emily Andrews.
Where We'll See Them Next:
- Kate Middleton and Prince William will take a break from their summer vacation to appear at the King’s Cup sailing regatta in Cowes, England, on August 9.
- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles will attend the 100th Royal Welsh Show in Builth Wells, Wales on July 22.