Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Brandi Glanville was recently hospitalized for what is believed to be an infected spider bite.
She tweeted a photo of her swollen hand on August 3.
In her most recent update, she said she’s home from the hospital and feeling better, although some swelling still remains.
It’s been a scary week for Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Brandi Glanville who, after developing an inflamed, swollen hand overnight, was hospitalized and told she likely has an infected spider bite.
The 48-year-old first shared a photo of the swelling on August 3 on Twitter. “I think I got bit by something in the night!” she wrote. “I have so much to do today I’m not sure I can go to the doctor.” After seeing the injury, followers urged her to go to the hospital, concerned it could lead to something serious.
“Please go to the doctor ASAP! I had a spider bite and the doc said it could have killed me if I didn’t get on antibiotics right away,” one person replied. “Get the ring off ASAP and please go see a [doctor] your health comes first. Sending prayers,” another wrote.
My little piggy hoofer has an infected bite of some kind (not human) spending my day at ER I wanted to leave but they said I could lose a limb so I’m chilling -ON A TUESDAY!!!! pic.twitter.com/pDWrxE4PWY
— Brandi Glanville (@BrandiGlanville) August 3, 2021
A little while later, Glanville shared an update from the emergency room. “My little piggy hoofer has an infected bite of some kind (not human),” she tweeted. “Spending my day at ER I wanted to leave but they said I could lose a limb so I’m chilling -ON A TUESDAY!!!!”
Shortly after that, she shared a hopeful photo from her hospital bed on Instagram. “Hey guys yes I was admitted to the hospital yesterday and I have amazing first responders taking care of me!” she wrote. “We are not exactly sure what we are dealing with we believe it may be an infected spider bite💗More tests to run🙏🙏🙏.”
On August 5, she tweeted that her hand’s swelling finally started to go down and that she was feeling better. She shared the entire journey in more detail on her podcast, Brandi Glanville Unfiltered, revealing that her lymph nodes also became swollen. She also said that she was hesitant to go to the hospital because she feared COVID exposure, which she’s been particularly careful about as she has psoriasis and a suppressed immune system.
Though spider bites are often harmless, they can become dangerous if infected. They’re typically identified by two parallel puncture marks on the skin made by fangs, irritation, and swelling. But even then, “with a few exceptions, it is very hard, even for medical professionals, to positively identify a bite or skin irritation as a spider bite,” Nancy Troyano, Ph.D., a board-certified medical entomologist with Ehrlich Pest Control previously told Prevention.
That’s likely why Glanville required additional testing, but she still did the right thing by seeking professional help.
On August 8, she shared a final health update on Instagram revealing that she was released from the hospital. “Kisses to all of the well wishes and friends reaching out. I am back home still swollen but much better!” she wrote. “It took being hospitalized for me to realize how many friends I really do have. 💖”
You Might Also Like