William and Kate share throwback photo to wish Prince Harry a happy birthday

Rebecca Taylor
·Royal Correspondent
·3 mins read

Watch: Prince Harry receives birthday wishes from Royal Family as he turns 36

Prince William has led birthday tributes to his brother, Prince Harry, as he turns 36.

William and Kate shared a photo of them with Harry at a Heads Together event in 2017, showing them sprinting down a track at the Olympic Park.

The picture was posted on Instagram with the caption: “Wishing a very happy birthday to Prince Harry today!”

Harry’s grandmother, the Queen, also shared a picture of herself with the birthday boy, taken in the same year at a Queen’s young leaders reception in Buckingham Palace.

Read more: Prince Harry the feminist father: The royal's sweetest dad moments as he turns 36

The message from the Royal Family account said: “Wishing The Duke of Sussex a very happy birthday!”

Harry’s father, Prince Charles, also shared two pictures, with one throwback to 2014 which showed the father and son at the Invictus Games.

The caption reads: “Wishing a very happy birthday to The Duke of Sussex today!”

Harry is now living in California, where he and his wife Meghan have settled into a new home, after paying off the £2.4m renovation works on Frogmore Cottage, their Windsor house.

Read more: Prince Harry's birthday: Why this year is significant for the royal

Harry and Meghan have signed a mega deal with Netflix to produce documentaries, children’s programming and scripted series, and are said to have two projects underway already.

They stepped back from their roles as senior royals earlier this year to pursue financial independence, and they no longer receive any money from the Sovereign Grant or from Prince Charles, who previously funded his son through the Duchy of Cornwall estate.

Despite stepping back, Harry retains his place as sixth in line to the throne, and his titles of Prince Harry and the Duke of Sussex. However, he and his wife no longer use their HRH stylings.

Harry will probably mark the day at home, as the COVID-19 pandemic means bars and restaurants in California have had to close their indoor spaces.

Watch: Here’s all you need to know about Harry and Meghan’s Netflix deal

Harry and Meghan at the 2018 Invictus Games in Australia. (Getty Images for the Invictus Games Foundation)

Prince Harry has sent a legal letter to The Sunday Times over its report that his deal with Netflix scuppered a fundraiser for Invictus Games planned with Amazon Prime.

The newpaper reported that the games, which were set up by Prince Harry, planned to host a fundraising concert in Los Angeles in spring 2021, which would have been streamed on Prime.

The event has been cancelled, with The Sunday Times claiming a lawyer for the Sussexes said it represented a “conflict” multi-year deal with Netflix, a rival of Prime.=