Not too much is known about Karen Pence, the Second Lady of the United States and wife to Vice-president Mike Pence. Thanks, though, to a profile of her in the Washington Post (which she declined to comment on) we’ve learned exactly how close she is to Mike Pence. Hint: very, very close. As in, the two are almost always at each other’s side, and, while Karen Pence has a rule against chiming in on public policy, she ultimately serves as the “gut check” and “prayer warrior” for the VP.
For his part, Mike Pence is also very, very committed to ensuring that there’s never even the slightest appearance of impropriety with regards to his marriage. To achieve such a feat, Pence won’t have dinner alone with another woman who is not his wife, Karen. Pence reportedly made the comment to the Hill in 2002, according to the Post. Pence also reportedly added that he won’t attend any events where alcohol is served unless Karen Pence by his side.
One can only wonder if Pence routinely asks about the presence of alcohol at White House functions or if he assumes it’s a given.
- Why Millennial Pink Refuses to Go Away
- Bobbi Brown on Why She Really Left Her Brand and Resisted Making a Contour Palette, and Her Next Moves
- All the Things Women Are Doing Wrong
- Ali Wong Loves Kondo-ing So Much, She Named Her Daughter After It
- The Makeup Police Have Come to Arrest Alicia Keys